Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
6,816 Posts
thats like 400 need more info on your combo

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
I ran 40n/36f at 5 lbs and the plugs were perfect.That's a big hit to start with.Start smaller and work your way up.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
I ran 40n/36f at 5 lbs and the plugs were perfect.That's a big hit to start with.Start smaller and work your way up.
Really id like to see that plug.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thats like 400 need more info on your combo
brodix 9.850 shrt deck
raised 55mm nitrous cam
24* 374x profiler heads
t&d rockers
titanium valves
oliver steel rods
jesel belt
moroso oil vac
custom ross pistons
big lifters
profiler 2 x 4 intake
pair 1050 Gary Williams nitrous carbs
NOS single stage fogger
I'm sure I forgot something ?
Currently Running 36/32 @ 6.1lbs fuel & pulling out 10* timing . Plugs are paper bag brown, heat down on 1st thread & timing line still above bend in strap. This is in a jetboat leaving on a .5 second delay for pump to hook up. Have jets all the way up to 44's if needed.

·
6,816 Posts
brodix 9.850 shrt deck
raised 55mm nitrous cam
24* 374x profiler heads
t&d rockers
titanium valves
oliver steel rods
jesel belt
moroso oil vac
custom ross pistons
big lifters
profiler 2 x 4 intake
pair 1050 Gary Williams nitrous carbs
NOS single stage fogger
I'm sure I forgot something ?
Currently Running 36/32 @ 6.1lbs fuel & pulling out 10* timing . Plugs are paper bag brown, heat down on 1st thread & timing line still above bend in strap. This is in a jetboat leaving on a .5 second delay for pump to hook up. Have jets all the way up to 44's if needed.
if your plugs look like paper bag brown your to RICH on the tune post pics of PLugs you will need to spread the JET or lower your fuel PSI What i would do is get that 36 tune right first then step up

·
Super Moderator
12,136 Posts
As many are leading you to, by todays tune what you doing is "old school" tuning. Likely a lot of fuel, and a lot of timing to burn it.

It's likely if you get the tune up leaned out and the timing correct for the leaner tune, you will make more power with less jet !!

Here's a thread that may show you a few plugs to compare to..

http://www.induction-solutions.com/forums/showthread.php?510-Spark-Plug-tutorial

Hope this helps.. SJ

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got sumthin stuck in my head & cant get passed id it. So , ya'll tell me if any of this changes anything ? I'm only running 1000'. I'm not chasing mph. When I launch my boat , I'm under Constant Load all the way down the track , I go straight to 7500+ rpm .No shift recovery. No releasing load as i go down the track.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
For 500 I would say 44n and 32f and start around 5.0 lbs of fp

·
Registered
824 Posts
... No releasing load as i go down the track.
The only time I ever released my load going down track... Nevermind:rolleyes:

Anyways, a good tuneup on an 1/8 mile track might only vary 600 RPM, so I don't think what you're doing is that much different. I would think mabe you would end up with a little less timing on the same tuneup compared to a 4 wheeled setup.

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
I run 42/32 at 5lbs. Shows 12.8-13.0 AFR, same as the engine does when no nitrous is flowing

1 - 17 of 17 Posts