Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just wanted to let people know that this is a fairly straight forward and easy job. I was very leary of tackling the project,but it ended up being inexpensive. The total cost I have is just $240 and around 10 hours of labor. The carpet comes 6' wide so it is perfect to cut in half.

$130 for the black outdoor carpet at Home Depot
$60 for the trim,I got it from a glass shop it's used for mirrors
$50 for CRC Spray Adhesive and a trick carpet cutter from Harbor Freight

[[URL=http://s1212.photobucket.com/user/369dragster/media/carpet%20cutter_zps02sqj4ph.png.html]

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
How in the blue hell did you get it to stay on for more than a couple days using that spray adhesive? I tried CRC, 3M, and Permatex spray adhesive to hold it on when putting in mine. None of them lasted for more than a couple days, then the carpet just fell off.

I bought some Henry trowel on carpet adhesive, and now a nuclear blast won't remove it.

·
T/S 368E
26,661 Posts

WOW, that is sweet!!!!! Great job.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
How in the blue hell did you get it to stay on for more than a couple days using that spray adhesive? I tried CRC, 3M, and Permatex spray adhesive to hold it on when putting in mine. None of them lasted for more than a couple days, then the carpet just fell off.

I bought some Henry trowel on carpet adhesive, and now a nuclear blast won't remove it.
Ditto! I tried spray adhesive and it wouldn't work. Ended up using the normal carpet glue and a special grouting trowel. That stuff isn't going anywhere ever but putting it on, especially vertical surfaces, was like trying to herd cats! And it stunk to high heaven also. Good stuff though.

Nice job BTW! Looks very professional.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts

·
T/S 368E
26,661 Posts

Good tip, I don't keep fuel there, but I do keep the N2O bottles there on the passenger side.
Easy enough to change.

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
I never really thought about it and I have lost a wheel bearing hub that looked like an arc welder going. Then once had a tire take out a fender on an open trailer.

·
Banned
6 Posts
Hello, friend! Thank you for sharing this with us, the images are really cool! I am thinking about doing some repairs in my house, and I think that I am going to use this, because it looks amazing. I need to repair the kitchen first, so I am going to use a tuff duck concrete sealer for the countertop. This should be really cool, because, as far as I am concerned, that's a very good sealer that protects the countertop from the damage and usage.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts