Yellow Bullet Forums banner
21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
It sure as hell will be a learning curve, non of it is easy. Takes well thought out combos to be competitive in these type classes plus then having a good driver....
Whole package is brutal....

I see some good running cars, competitive but to watch all they go through to get there is very time consuming....lots of effort but worth it in the end....
Good for you, gotta have fun, can't work all the time and no fun.... Burns your ass out in a hurry....
Car looks great.... I'm sure it'll run well.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Edelbrock 90947. 1970 LT1 350

I picked it because we get 11.5 compression and a 780 and I'm at altitude.
What's that rated now, 318? Sean Cour ran that combo a few years back (before switching to FI). We ran similar lower compression combos, 993/493/624's before doing the same thing he did. I still have a few camshafts laying down in the garage from those carbed combos. Good Luck with your project. If it runs as good as it looks you'll be at the top of the sheet !

·
Registered
8,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
What's that rated now, 318? Sean Cour ran that combo a few years back (before switching to FI). We ran similar lower compression combos, 993/493/624's before doing the same thing he did. I still have a few camshafts laying down in the garage from those carbed combos. Good Luck with your project. If it runs as good as it looks you'll be at the top of the sheet !

Thanks!

OEM head is 325hp
Edelbrock is 330hp

·
Registered
8,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Being around the EFI combo’s for years it’s funny to read LT1 and see a carb 😀. Good luck!
Thanks!

I haven't ruled out an EFI combo. I just had a grip on this combo because I have been doing heads for FJ Smith and this is what he is running. So I had good help being my first go at this.

21 - 40 of 69 Posts