Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very nice What is GT ?
GT is the Super Stock designation for a converted FWD car of any make. In GT you can choose any production engine combo as long as it the same brand as the car. I could run a COPO engine if I wanted. All the combo's are based off a NHRA factor. F is 8.50 lbs per factor. The factor is 330hp. So 8.50 x 330 plus 170lbs standard for driver is minimum weight. 2975 is mine.

·
Registered
8,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's a nice lookin piece Chad. Looks familiar, who owned it before you? I am assuming that tranny you were waiting on was a Pro trans.
The car came out of Louisiana. It only had about 10 runs on it.

I had a TH200 built. There weren't any cases left that allows you to use PT parts in the GM case.

·
Registered
8,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What are the rules regarding transmission? Anything goes?
Anything goes as long as it's for the make of the car. You can't put a Proflight in a GM, only a Chrysler.

So for GM.. PG, TH350, TH400 or TH200 are the popular choices.

Super Stock you can run a transbrake, but not in Stock Eliminator.

·
Registered
8,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Stock and Super Stock are awesome classes are you just gonna race for fun or going to chase points nationality/divsionaly ?
I will go to 5-6 Divisional and 3-4 Nationals

I just need to do something. All I do is work. Getting burned out. So busy I had to stop taking work.

·
Registered
8,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
What's that rated now, 318? Sean Cour ran that combo a few years back (before switching to FI). We ran similar lower compression combos, 993/493/624's before doing the same thing he did. I still have a few camshafts laying down in the garage from those carbed combos. Good Luck with your project. If it runs as good as it looks you'll be at the top of the sheet !

Thanks!

OEM head is 325hp
Edelbrock is 330hp

·
Registered
8,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Being around the EFI combo’s for years it’s funny to read LT1 and see a carb 😀. Good luck!
Thanks!

I haven't ruled out an EFI combo. I just had a grip on this combo because I have been doing heads for FJ Smith and this is what he is running. So I had good help being my first go at this.

·
Registered
8,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
That is sexy as hell, is there any difference in flow on the bench between an intake port with the dorsal fin and one without? I understand the power gains and the concept, just curious if there’s a big difference in flow on the bench.
Some heads yes, absolutely. This isn't one of them. This wing was all about getting more area at the pushrod pinch and shrinking the port to meet the 172cc, without hurting flow and helping the velocity profile. I have many CNC heads with a floor wing.

This is the biggest 23 degree port I have, 265cc. Nice picture of the floor wing.
Automotive tire Artifact Grey Synthetic rubber Art

1 - 20 of 28 Posts