Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
8,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very nice What is GT ?
GT is the Super Stock designation for a converted FWD car of any make. In GT you can choose any production engine combo as long as it the same brand as the car. I could run a COPO engine if I wanted. All the combo's are based off a NHRA factor. F is 8.50 lbs per factor. The factor is 330hp. So 8.50 x 330 plus 170lbs standard for driver is minimum weight. 2975 is mine.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
GT is the Super Stock designation for a converted FWD car of any make. In GT you can choose any production engine combo as long as it the same brand as the car. I could run a COPO engine if I wanted. All the combo's are based off a NHRA factor. F is 8.50 lbs per factor. The factor is 330hp. So 8.50 x 330 plus 170lbs standard for driver is minimum weight. 2975 is mine.
Thanks theres so many SS classes I get confusion on what they all mean

·
Registered
8,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's a nice lookin piece Chad. Looks familiar, who owned it before you? I am assuming that tranny you were waiting on was a Pro trans.
The car came out of Louisiana. It only had about 10 runs on it.

I had a TH200 built. There weren't any cases left that allows you to use PT parts in the GM case.

·
Registered
8,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What are the rules regarding transmission? Anything goes?
Anything goes as long as it's for the make of the car. You can't put a Proflight in a GM, only a Chrysler.

So for GM.. PG, TH350, TH400 or TH200 are the popular choices.

Super Stock you can run a transbrake, but not in Stock Eliminator.

·
Registered
8,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Stock and Super Stock are awesome classes are you just gonna race for fun or going to chase points nationality/divsionaly ?
I will go to 5-6 Divisional and 3-4 Nationals

I just need to do something. All I do is work. Getting burned out. So busy I had to stop taking work.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts