Registered
8,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  • Anthony S. Fauci, M.D.,
  • H. Clifford Lane, M.D.,
  • and Robert R. Redfield, M.D.
  • March 26, 2020
    N Engl J Med 2020; 382:1268-1269

If one assumes that the number of asymptomatic or minimally symptomatic cases is several times as high as the number of reported cases, the case fatality rate may be considerably less than 1%. This suggests that the overall clinical consequences of Covid-19 may ultimately be more akin to those of a severe seasonal influenza (which has a case fatality rate of approximately 0.1%) or a pandemic influenza (similar to those in 1957 and 1968)

·
Smart Ass Conservative
103,420 Posts
obango couldn't even market flu's worth a shit .

·
Satans Daddy
14,327 Posts
Several people I know, myself included, have been thru some mild symptoms related to covid, none were bad enough to see a doc, and when I had mine, it was a few short hours in the early morning, woke up coughing,sweating profusely, and had a tight, congested feeling in my chest, woke up feeling 100%, that was the last week of February, wife was feeling ill 6 days later, hers lasted 3 days but had different symptoms like no smell and taste.

So yeah, I could see where actual cases were as high as 4-1

·
Registered
54,910 Posts
Several people I know, myself included, have been thru some mild symptoms related to covid, none were bad enough to see a doc, and when I had mine, it was a few short hours in the early morning, woke up coughing,sweating profusely, and had a tight, congested feeling in my chest, woke up feeling 100%, that was the last week of February, wife was feeling ill 6 days later, hers lasted 3 days but had different symptoms like no smell and taste.

So yeah, I could see where actual cases were as high as 4-1
Just out of curiousity, how do you know the symptoms were "related to covid"?

The reason I ask is that yesterday I heard from a friend that his wife, in the hospital for emergency abdomen surgery, got real sick, covid type symptoms, and had to be put into the ICU on a ventilator. This happened in the past week or so. Preliminary diagnosis was Cornona virus positive. Classic symptoms.

Her test came back yesterday. Negative. She has pneumonia. No covid virus present.

·
Registered
34,298 Posts
You guys are hinging "not bad" on the words "may be"in that sentence?
Along with everything else you fail at maff is definitely not your forte.

Do they not teach gozintas in your pretend country?

·
Satans Daddy
14,327 Posts
Just out of curiousity, how do you know the symptoms were "related to covid"?

The reason I ask is that yesterday I heard from a friend that his wife, in the hospital for emergency abdomen surgery, got real sick, covid type symptoms, and had to be put into the ICU on a ventilator. This happened in the past week or so. Preliminary diagnosis was Cornona virus positive. Classic symptoms.

Her test came back yesterday. Negative. She has pneumonia. No covid virus present.
Guess I meant similar symptoms or covid type symptoms.

·
Void
78,450 Posts
You can't read the name on the side of the car ?

You can't hear the announcer say my name in the video that Pin Dick post at least 5 times a day ?

How old are you ?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts