Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone using the vs racing wastegates? are they junk or do they work ok? im looking at the 60mm gates.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
I just bought 2 of the new designed 50's but it'll be a couple of months before I'm back on the road. The quality of them is actually really nice considering the price.

·
Registered
299 Posts
anyone using the vs racing wastegates? are they junk or do they work ok? im looking at the 60mm gates.
I bought two 44 mvr copy cat gates not from veyron specifically. You have to totally disassemble them. I put the valve up in my lathe and clean them up with very fine grit sandpaper until their smooth, some have a few light jagged edges. Pull the diaphragm out and completely clean it because it will have aluminum chips on it. Put it all together lube the valve and it will work. However 1 of the two I bought I couldn't keep the dome sealing with c02 no matter what I did. Replaced o rings, diaphragm, sealed the bolts on the bottom. It just never worked. However my second one worked well. I also did this to my 60mm from veyron. I just gave up and spent coin on two new 44 mvr trials talk about pricey. The copys work but dont complain of they dont

·
Registered
530 Posts
2 44s on mine work fine

·
Registered
19,350 Posts
I have one of the 50's, like others I took it apart just to see how clean it was, seemed ok.
It only came with one spring. Looking down the bore it looked like it wasnt centered, but seems
to seal OK. I haven't been on a dyno yet to datalog, but on the street I have made some hits,
playing with my man. controller. Seems to work OK, hit 15 lbs one hit, (whoops), so have it backed
down to around 10-11. Down the road if I found a name brand one to fit the flange I prob would
switch it, but for now it works.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I have 2 of the 44’s I have not used them yet but I did take them apart and scotch brute the shaft and clean them and lubricate them. Took all of 10 minutes maybe seem nice and smoothe now. A friend has had two on his car for 2 years now no issues at all.

·
Registered
16,611 Posts
i pinched the diaphram in mine changing the spring. vs was out of them when i called, he said to just order a Tial one as its the same... tial one is identical

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
All the VS stuff is mostly certainly chinese, but you'll be hard pressed to find anyone who's had a bad experience. No more than any company anyway.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts