Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
i get them cheaper straight for XO2 they are 15min away from me and has 1year warranty

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
i had one on my 400 sbf with a pt91mm and the boost wouldnt stop.. i replaced it with a HKS and could hold it at 7psi.. the gates are 60mm at the inlet but the exit is around 1 1/4, i just think it couldnt move enough exhaust..

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
i get them cheaper straight for XO2 they are 15min away from me and has 1year warranty
Does that warranty cover your engine when the gate sticks and you hang a couple rods out the block?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Does that warranty cover your engine when the gate sticks and you hang a couple rods out the block?
i didnt know that the name brand wastegates where unbreakable.. they must have a valve and guide that never wear out and a diaphragm that will never rip apart...

must be nice when u can buy a car part and never in ur life u will have to buy it again..

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
i had a single 60 on my old setup and 2 of them on the current setup. no problems at all and i've been able to control boost down to 3lbs. placement always helps too

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts
One of our customs bought one trying to save money. It stuck closed. The money saved didn't pay much toward the end short block he needed.

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
i didnt know that the name brand wastegates where unbreakable.. they must have a valve and guide that never wear out and a diaphragm that will never rip apart...

must be nice when u can buy a car part and never in ur life u will have to buy it again..
I wouldn't say they are unbreakable. And they surely aren't idiot proof. I've sold countless Tial gates over the years and have never had a call with an issue. That alone speaks for itself.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have one on mine for over a year....just a buy an extra diaphram because they are not the same material as Tial's. i had to replace one because it had a small tear. But i take mine apart everycouple months and clean it up. have one of their 50mm bov on my stuff too

·
Registered
58 Posts
I am running a set of 60mm's on my 101 setup and they hold steady at 11.9-12.0 psi all the way through to 7200 RPMS. just my .02

1 - 19 of 19 Posts