Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
11.44's back to back with 94 octane pump gas.

11.26 with VP113, jetted up 4 sizes from Pro-System tune.

Roughly a 1.25mph gain from both passes. No other changes made. I'm thinking of adding more jet until it falls off some. No plug or wideband info tonight.

396SBC 11.5:1, Pro-System 780cfm 4150.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
11.44's back to back with 94 octane pump gas.

11.26 with VP113, jetted up 4 sizes from Pro-System tune.

Roughly a 1.25mph gain from both passes. No other changes made. I'm thinking of adding more jet until it falls off some. No plug or wideband info tonight.

396SBC 11.5:1, Pro-System 780cfm 4150.
Have you tried anything like VP oxygenated 101 unleaded or Sunocos 104 unleaded? Im wondering how VP113 will fare vs the 104 on an engine that we CAN run on pump but rather use something more consistant

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd consider MS109 with the claims that VP makes on top of seeing a few LS1 cars get good results from it over pump gas.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I'd consider MS109 with the claims that VP makes on top of seeing a few LS1 cars get good results from it over pump gas.
I bought a 5 gallon drum of ms 109 friday night, car picked up .15 et and almost 3 mph. Only thing I changed was fuel and plugs. It was kind of expensive, 66 bucks for can.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice to hear! If you're like me, you'd be wondering if it would pick up more with adding 2 jet sizes...and then maybe 2 more. back to back comparisions of course.:D In theory, it should result in more power if it really does have an oxygenated blend.

It is expensive! Pay to play and Kleenex is not a sponsor.:D

thanks for the info! goodluck next time out.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I have been running VP MS109 for about 5 years now previous to that I ran MS103. I run it in a 95 firebird with a 409 ci fuel injected lt1 13.5/1 NA. this is a low 10 high 9 second bracket race only car. Main reason I went to it is due to O2 sensor life was very short with the leaded stuff that was available at the time. To get the tune just right it is best to run it on the dyno with a Wide band O2 system as reading plugs is almost impossible with this unleaded fuel. I have tried some other unleaded stuff but the MS109 still seems to run the fastest and most consistant over a broad range of weather conditions. Now that our points season is over I am going to try some Q16 and see what it does. Cant speak for a street car engine but in my dragrace only application it works great and I highly recomend it.
Rob

·
Registered
563 Posts
Thanks for the good words Rob. MS109 is the best unleaded on the market. Gobs of HP. Thanks again.
Hey no sweat always try to help my other racers and the companys that support bracket racing like VP does with the nhra race of champions. One other thing I should add for you guys thinking about running this fuel is that if you try MS109 or 103 you will get questions about what is in the fuel you are running because it has a different smell than anything else you are likely to have run before.

Jason what do you think I should expect results wise when I test Q16 VS the MS109 more hp, or just a little since I am already running oxygenated fuel. My local VP dealer (D&M Performance in Breese IL) says it should still make some more because of some of the additives in it. I hesitate to say it has a very low dose nitro in it but have herd that from more than one source.
Thanks
Rob

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Dennis is right, you should see a little with the Q. I'll guarantee you there is no nitro in either the Q or the 109. Nitro doesn't mix with fuel. There are other oxygenates though.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Jason
I knew it sounded to good to be true (nitro). In all fairness though they called it a nitro parrifin. I started testing saturday with the Q16 and already picked up more than I thought I would and I am sure there is still more to be had. We are going to run it on the chassis dyno hopefully this week and try to get it completly dialed in with the wideband o2. On a side note my buddy just started racing mini sprints. I met a real nice guy that you will likely be familiar with his name is Tom Spain. Vp was sponsering the race at Wayne county speedway fri night and I went over and talked with him for a little bit, Super nice guy. My buddy won another fuel jug and some extra fuel before he tore the clutch out of the car ending his night. Any ways he wanted me to pass on a thank you to Tom and VP. Take care and I will let you know what I end up with but it looks like its going to be 3 tenths maybe a bit more by the time I get it dialed in
Rob

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Tom is a cool cat. I hired him as a sales guy a couple years ago when I was the Mgr. at VP in Indiana. When I was offered this national position last January, I suggested Tom should be the Mgr. in Indiana. It was the right choice. He's a hell of a Mgr. and knows how to run a tight ship. I'll let him know you guys said Thanks. Oh, Nitro parrafin is what is in M5. It's an alcohol additive.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts