Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Class Wrecker!!!
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Orders for fuel needed by last week of month and get it first week of the month.
Thanks 810-220-2193

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
What's 55 gallons of c16 go for and are there any limitations as far as storing it and what not? Food for thought...

·
Administrator
136,624 Posts
Jim put me in for 55 gallons of VP-N2O ..

If they have 15 gallon drums I will take 4 of them if the cost is the same per gallon..

·
Class Wrecker!!!
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
$460.00 It will last a year or so in the barrel up off the ground. I usually put the barrel up on some 4x4's.

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
Monty...are you using that fuel for your car? I've always heard boosted cars like heavier fuels like c16, not the very light ones like VP-NOS.

NO2
Recommended for fogger or three-stage nitrous oxide applications with CRs up to 18:1. Higher octane and lower specific gravity than most nitrous fuels. May require enriching fuel mixture more than would be required for C16.

• Color: Clear
• Motor Octane: 120.3
• Specific Gravity: .699 at 60° F

C16
Used in turbocharged engines, blown engines and nitrous applications with CRs up to 17:1. Recommended by the top nitrous oxide companies. Spec Fuel for NHRA Comp Eliminator.

• Color: Blue
• Motor Octane: 117
• Specific gravity: .735 at 60° F

I believe it says you might need to richen the mixture versus a c16 setup because of it being a lighter fuel.

Anyone know for sure either way about what to use for a turbo setup? That's what I'm running as well.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Monty.

I wouldn't run the N02 in a turbo car. Stick with the C16. The No2 for some reason doesn't like forced induction. It kicks ass in a nitrous application, but not blowers or turbos. We have switched loads of guys off Torco 118 to the VP NO2. They all seem to like it better. Haven't had any complaints yet. Anyway, just my 2 cents.

Jason Rueckert
VP Racing Fuels-Midwest
812-466-1175

·
Super Moderator
35,256 Posts
Ah hah!!! A VP Rep.

Not that you guys would admitt to it if it were true. But I'm wondering if you guys are having some quality control issues with your C25.

I had an engine on the dyno with C25 and for NO apparent reason it burned up... I mean it burned up BAD.... in terms of piston damage.

Now, different drum of fuel, still c25, same engine, same pistons, same tuneup, same same same... there are no issues.

I've encountered a few that would be considered authorities, who are wondering the same thing, concerning C25.... these folks have also witnessed some burned up plugs etc that cannot be explained, and these are combinations that have been together for a long time, same tuneups etc.... we're talking normally aspirated stuff here obviously.

Anyhow, I thought I would mention it. Not exactly anything anyone can do about it now.

·
Super Moderator
35,256 Posts
I've used it in the past Marie. AWESOME FUEL. Very forgiving.

Thanks Jason from VP for calling me and discussing the C25. That's some good customer service!!! Some great food for thought on storage and such.

Much appreciated. I don't know if it was my cell or yours.

·
Administrator
136,624 Posts
Pooch565 said:
Monty.

I wouldn't run the N02 in a turbo car. Stick with the C16. The No2 for some reason doesn't like forced induction. It kicks ass in a nitrous application, but not blowers or turbos. We have switched loads of guys off Torco 118 to the VP NO2. They all seem to like it better. Haven't had any complaints yet. Anyway, just my 2 cents.

Jason Rueckert
VP Racing Fuels-Midwest
812-466-1175
Thanks a ton for the input and advice. I'm very new to this turbo stuff obviously. I was no sure what people used.. Again thanks for the time.. I will say VP fuels are untouched by any other fuel out there.. But Im sure you guys know that :wink:

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Chris,

No problem man. I'm glad I could help. I hate to see people using our gas and having issues. Give me a call at 812 466 1175 and we can figure out what went bad with Tony, or just to shoot the shit. Any info you can give helps me and vice versa.

Marie,

Lots of the pro mod guys are using C23. I would bet some would switch to NO2 if it was an accepted fuel. I believe Ryan Hargett went like 6.56 at the Joliet divisional. He was on VP No2.

Thanks again,
Jason

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Monty,

Thanks for all the killer video from the heads up Milan deal. It makes work go by way faster. I grew up in Onsted MI and when I was a kid I took my Olds Cutlass to Milan to Phuck around with. I went 16.60 and thought I was hot shit. That was like 16 years ago. I still have the same car but with a 565, Procharger F2, stock suspension. I run with the OSCA when I can and would love to make it to Milan on a Friday. I wish they had a stock suspension, power adder class, but hell, since moving to Indiana I havent' raced the quarter mile. We do all eighth mile stuff. I don't know if I have the balls to hang it out anymore. I've been 5.50 so far and that seems pretty frickin fast. I suppose I just have to quit being a Nancy. Thanks again for the good read... Makes coming to work much better. If you have any questions, let me know. Oh, if Filipowski is selling C16 for that price, I'd jump on it!!!

Jason

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
what kind of fuel do you guys think i should be running with a sbc 14 to 1 23 deg head on nos (275 to 350 hit plate system) also how much for 35 gallon drum?

·
Administrator
136,624 Posts
Hey Powski.. make that the fuel you recommended!! C-16 55 gallon drum..

Jason thanks a ton for the heads up. Powski did call me right after my post and said C-16 would be the fuel to get. I called Hutch and he agreed as well. So C-16 is what I need.. Thanks for all the help guys..

1 - 20 of 29 Posts