Yellow Bullet Forums banner

VP C85 or X85?

21K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Suicidal Racing 
#1 ·
Curious which fuel is better for a higher HP(1300hp) Procharged combo? 8.5:1 sbf, mid 20's psi range boost, non intercooled, blow thru carburetor. I have been using C85, just curious if X85 is any better or if C85 is the better route to go.

#5 ·
I have also heard that VP C85 makes the most power, I just got 5 gal. of Sunoco E85R going to try it this weekend first time on E85 I wanted C85 but could not get any at this time my local gas supplier doesn't know when VP will deliver again and he tells me he has never sold any before...

#6 ·
going to the track tomorrow for some T&T with Sunoco E85R, the VP C85 will be delivered next week so I am being told we shall see if the C85 makes any difference the following Sunday, now this weekend will be my first try on E85 so it will be a learning experience. Will post the times....

#9 ·
Made it to the track yesterday (Sunday) and was able to make two passed before it got to late, this is on Sunoco E85R the first pass 5.86 @ 119 and the second pass was 5.80 @ 120.... My best pervious using C16 was a 5.90 at 117, now this is on motor. One thing that I had a problem with the C16 was the engine would heat up to around 200 / 210 during the pass but with the E85 the engine ran around 170 / 180. Should get the C85 this week but not sure when I will be able to make it back to the track but will post my results when I do.... SBF 438 CI

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.