Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Joe, Island needs new ownership not concrete barriers. "renovations and equipment" won't bring back the weekly racers that they have worked hard over the past 20 years to drive away.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Joe, Island needs new ownership not concrete barriers. "renovations and equipment" won't bring back the weekly racers that they have worked hard over the past 20 years to drive away.
that was when tony was there. I think the booze and drugs got the best of him. a very moody guy.
I love island dragway. The new management is fantastic, the track prep is 2nd to none.
Its my favorite track over etown,lebanon valley and Atco.its hit or miss at these other tracks.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
just voted. hope they get it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
that was when tony was there. I think the booze and drugs got the best of him. a very moody guy.
I love island dragway. The new management is fantastic, the track prep is 2nd to none.
Its my favorite track over etown,lebanon valley and Atco.its hit or miss at these other tracks.
you don't know what you're talking about.

There is no new management, the track is still owned and managed by the same person that it has been for the better part of the last 20 years.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts

There is no new management, the track is still owned and managed by the same person that it has been for the better part of the last 20 years.
oh really, tony is not running the place anymore. i believe hes just doing maintenence there after hours only.
steve o. runs the track now,new manager. same owner kathy the owner who divorced tony a few years ago. so yes i do know what im talking about.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts

when was the last time you've raced there big guy?

·
Registered
30 Posts
raced there just about every weekend since 1991! Decided I had enough this year after Kathy's lastest bad decision.

Now racing at the best track in Divison 1 and took 2 of Island's weekely racers with me!

There is no new manager, just a new man in the owner's life. Kathy is the manager and wner as she has been for nearly 2 decades.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I ran at Island under the urging of someone who I knew. The first impression was enough to turn me off from ever going back. The tech was a total pain in the ass. I've run at E-town, Atco, Norwalk and nobody ever busted my balls about anything as much as Island. The staff was rude and totally un helpful. I will admit the starting line was very good but the rest of the track was slippery as snot on a door knob and bumpy. My car at the time was a mid to low 11 car at best and has never had a problem anywhere we've run it with it getting loose at mid track.

Then there is the clean up crew or lack there of. 2+ hours to clean up an oil down. Also would it kill them to widen and fix the return road a little bit. I asked about the track before going since my father ran there in the 60's. The response I got back was it hasn't changed since then. If new ownership has infact taken over then I wish them the best and do hope they install much needed concrete barriers. But I won't go back. My .02

·
Registered
677 Posts
Voted.

Was there with my son 2 weeks ago for him to get his NHRA license. The people couldn't have been any nicer or more helpful. Got it all done in one day.

PS: Tech guys are supposed to make sure your cars are safe. They're trying to protect your fellow competitors. That's the only reason I could think of getting your balls busted in tech.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts