Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a v24 xtrim on a 90 mustang has been recently chewing up belts. had a vibration in it so i sent it to vortech last october. they say they did a lot to it and i spent alot to get it back they had it for almost a month. get it back on the car still feels like it still has a vibration and after a few dyno pulls it ripped all the teeth off the belt. bought a polychain belt hoping that i just had bad belts and after 3 dyno pulls it broke that belt. almost looks like at high rpm 6500 that the blower leans forward and kicked the belt. anyone have any ideas? allt he bolts to the brackets r tight. what might be the problem or is it in the head unit??

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
i have a v24 xtrim on a 90 mustang has been recently chewing up belts. had a vibration in it so i sent it to vortech last october. they say they did a lot to it and i spent alot to get it back they had it for almost a month. get it back on the car still feels like it still has a vibration and after a few dyno pulls it ripped all the teeth off the belt. bought a polychain belt hoping that i just had bad belts and after 3 dyno pulls it broke that belt. almost looks like at high rpm 6500 that the blower leans forward and kicked the belt. anyone have any ideas? allt he bolts to the brackets r tight. what might be the problem or is it in the head unit??
it may be "leaning" forward...Do you have solid motor mounts and/or a motor plate? if so , then a brace from the head unit to the shock tower should cure your problem.

·
ALL OUT
1,931 Posts
Hit up bob kurgan for a blower brace and throw another brace from the shock tower to the blower bracket if you can. You are getting bracket flex most likely or you are too tight with your belt.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the belt isnot that tight fells alittle loose. have solid motor mounts and i made a brace to the shock tower and the vibration got worse so i took it off

1 - 4 of 4 Posts