Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Enjoy

http://www.stevemorrisengines.com/

Do me a favor, click the link then go to the dyno videos, drives up my web site. Thanks

Also before the questions start, thier was ZERO compensation for all the time involed in test this, This engine is a reverse belt drive ProCharged engine. I got the drive from The SuperCharger Store, Thanks for the loaner and the gear set. I cant get multiple gear sets and all the extra time to change, test and all that. I went right for the big gear set that I hear people running, 2.15

·
Registered
25,667 Posts
Amazing , Steve you sound like you're in disbelief. Or maybe you're shocked that vortech is making a quality blower. Glad you posted. Is there a procharger that can keep up?

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Amazing , Steve you sound like you're in disbelief. Or maybe you're shocked that vortech is making a quality blower. Glad you posted. Is there a procharger that can keep up?
I doubt it. Remember the vaned diffuser under the cover. It allows up to 90% efficiency when on the right size engine.

Procharger's method dictates a vanless diffuser which is more efficient across a wider range of engine sizes. But less so on the right size engine.

I would post a photo but don't want to rock the boat! (Again). Now I'm off to Steve's site to watch it! Thanks Steve for sharing.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Enjoy

http://www.stevemorrisengines.com/

Do me a favor, click the link then go to the dyno videos, drives up my web site. Thanks

Also before the questions start, thier was ZERO compensation for all the time involed in test this, This engine is a reverse belt drive ProCharged engine. I got the drive from The SuperCharger Store, Thanks for the loaner and the gear set. I cant get multiple gear sets and all the extra time to change, test and all that. I went right for the big gear set that I hear people running, 2.15
That's right Steve. You can't fit a bigger cog in the gear drive casing. I have a 2.05 and there's millimeters to spare. LOL!

·
Registered
15,547 Posts
Steve..... Just watched the video.... That engine seems to be a real Beast, compared to what we've had.... Made the hair stand up, on the back of my neck.... Can't wait to hear/see more.... Wills enthusiasm is off the chart... And... So is mine..;)
Denny

·
Registered
7,855 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
I doubt it. Remember the vaned diffuser under the cover. It allows up to 90% efficiency when on the right size engine.

Procharger's method dictates a vanless diffuser which is more efficient across a wider range of engine sizes. But less so on the right size engine.

I would post a photo but don't want to rock the boat! (Again). Now I'm off to Steve's site to watch it! Thanks Steve for sharing.
The Vortech made great power but I doubt it will make more than the new F3R-136. The power down low is impressive...defintely not making power in the right rpm band. Last time I checked, in order to make power, it's all about explosions per second. You can change that with blower speed, but at the end of the day the hp will be almost the same (just at a higher rpm). You are only able to make so much hp off of a given cfm.

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
80,305 Posts
THAT'S AWESOME.....25LBS SEEMS TO BE PLENTY.....CAN'T WAIT TO GET MINE PUT TOGETHER....THANKS FOR POSTING THAT STEVE

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Can't wait for the 136 dyno pulls on Stevenson's engine. Vortech is gonna have to go back to the drawing board....

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
80,305 Posts
Ok, maybe I'm missing something here... Are you guys comparing a 123 to a 136?
I THINK IT'S THE PROCHARGER CHEERLEADERS GETTING THEIR SKIRTS FLUTTERED

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
The Vortech made great power but I doubt it will make more than the new F3R-136. The power down low is impressive...defintely not making power in the right rpm band. Last time I checked, in order to make power, it's all about explosions per second. You can change that with blower speed, but at the end of the day the hp will be almost the same (just at a higher rpm). You are only able to make so much hp off of a given cfm.
Thanks for explaining it so clearly Dave. I'm a long standing Procharger fan through and though. I as the others said had the F3a 123/121 in mind. But reading it now, it does come over as "any Procharger".

It's comforting to know Procharger R&D have the competition in check. Thanks again for the new line up.

·
Registered
165 Posts
The way it looses power seems weird. Some of it im sure is in the tune with the richer AFR in the upper RPM. The Vortech blower will be richer on the same tune forsure because of the difference in discharge temps.

It will be interesting to see the difference in power with the Procharger but it would be nice if it were a more fair comparision with each blower being tuned and haveing the fuel consumption numbers, pre-cooler boost and temps to get a better idea of the efficiency difference between the superchargers.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Thats Great!!!!!!!!! I have one sitting on my work bench. Should be on the motor by end of the weekend. Looking foward to getting it up and running

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Why not compare this 123 to the f2r errrr I mean the f3a that comes with the replacement badge that says f2r???

·
Procharged SBC Enthusiast
5,150 Posts
Dave, I get what you are saying with changing the blower speed to change the powerband . But when you say explosions per second for power , did you mean to say cfm of air per second . Otherwise I am not following . By the way anything in the works for us F2 guys ? Maybe the new impeller design ? Just curious :)

1 - 20 of 54 Posts