Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
22,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a well known vodka company interested in sponsoring my car for the next 3 years and they want to give out product samples at the track and of course have some very hot ladies handing it out. My question is would spectators, the track or series have any issue with this? If the young ladies are carding people to make sure minors aren't getting samples I see no issues with it but I'm just looking for other outside opinions on this before I try to get the deal signed amd then not be able to deliver on my end of it.

·
598 Coming Soon
19,628 Posts
I hate to say it, but someone will always find something to bitch about regardless of how much red tape you put up. I'd go for it & see what becomes, You never know

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
As long as they aren't providing to minors there shouldn't be a problem, unless the track gets bent out of shape for giving away alcohol. I'm interested to hear what some more experienced members think!

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
There was a Jaeger sponsored Pro Stock car a few years ago, so there is a precedence set for you. They had a hospitality booth and Jaeger girls. It would be nice if you could find out the stipulations NHRA has on that as a guide.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I sea nothing wrong wth it, granted it's a little outta' place at a Race Track but as long as no drivers are sampling the product, no harm-no foul:cool:

now, I love Vodka, so where n' when;)

·
Registered
762 Posts
Talk to the Crown Royal people. They do it at NASCAR races and there are certain restrictions mostly depends on what state and/ or county in that state you are in. We get a sample at Dover every year and they have had to change the way they give it out in the last 2 years. The wife loves CR.

As far as rules about alcohol in the pits, I bet there is beer in 1/2 the trailers at any given race.

·
Registered
22,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I hate to say it, but someone will always find something to bitch about regardless of how much red tape you put up. I'd go for it & see what becomes, You never know
I know thats a fact someone will always find something to bitch about for sure.

·
Registered
22,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Isnt there usually something about Alcohol being in the pits ?
If there is such a rule I know about 500 racers that needs banned for life lol...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just dealing with the state ABC board but let them deal with that. And if the track is in a dry county that might be a problem.

·
Registered
7,641 Posts
I don't see how it is much different than Winston and the Copenhagen people that had those interative booths at NHRA. They always carded.

I remember getting a sample at the Jager booth in NHRA Pro Stock. The beautiful ladies sure do draw a crowd.

·
Registered
8,019 Posts
The track has a liquor license. So u have to go thru them for distribution.
Even if it's samples it's distribution . So you fall under state regs.
Most tracks are helpful in this.

·
Registered
22,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The track has a liquor license. So u have to go thru them for distribution.
Even if it's samples it's distribution . So you fall under state regs.
Most tracks are helpful in this.
Thats what I was looking for on the legal side of things.

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
My guess would be you would have to check with each track & each event organizer. Im sure most organizers would not mind, but each track might. If you were talking about a couple of bottles @ each race........ big deal, if your talking about a couple of cases........... it might be a problem.

how about setting up an "adult only, beer garden" like they have @ the street fairs, where its roped off & folks are carded as they go in. this way they have to consume it there. there are no bottles running around the race track. & its obvious that your not selling it. if folks are walking around with bags of Vodka, that might get kind of sticky.

in any case, good luck.

Bob

·
In the Beams.
21,997 Posts
One way around it bill , even if they somehow say " not at our track " , is to have your sponsor give out vouchers. That way there would be no consumption at track. . The bible belt tracks are probably gonna be more likely to have a problem( aka no liquor on sunday ,etc. )

I wish you the best and Good luck

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Patron was sponsoring a funny car a few years ago too ..
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 20 of 77 Posts