Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
14,897 Posts
I have not heard that, but I bet Michael Beard knows, one way or the other. They have the Loose Rocker St. Patrick's Classic on March 17th. Take care. Tom Worthington

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
I have not heard anything about it closing, but there was an article reporting that the track has been for sale and they are pushing the sale harder at this time what ever that means. They are actively seeking a buyer.

Thank you Bruton Smith, ass hole.

·
Too Strong, For Too Long.
26,672 Posts
I have not heard anything about it closing, but there was an article reporting that the track has been for sale and they are pushing the sale harder at this time what ever that means. They are actively seeking a buyer.

Thank you Bruton Smith, ass hole.
What's the back story on Bruton Smith? :confused:

·
26,672 Posts
Maybe wrong but it was said bruton wanted two stops on the NHRA tour from his one and they took it from VMP.
I gotcha. VMP isn't that old either. I remember the first NHRA national broadcast.

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
VMP is not closing.... Alan made an announcement at the banquet a few weeks ago that its not sold and the only people that have looked at it is for racing. He addressed the rumors of being sold..... Had endless concerned calls to him about these RUMORS.........

·
26,672 Posts
What ever happened with the new track in Virginia? I remember drone aerial videos of it a couple years ago now it seems.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
VMP is not closing.... Alan made an announcement at the banquet a few weeks ago that its not sold and the only people that have looked at it is for racing. He addressed the rumors of being sold..... Had endless concerned calls to him about these RUMORS.........
That is good to hear.

·
26,672 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Thanks for the information , that's great news.....

·
Registered
35,189 Posts
I doubt if it closing but who knows. VMP management messed up in opinion with NHRA. Attendance seemed good but they allowed for gambling to go which impeded fans from seeing the race. They also at one point had a place for standing you had to pay extra money.

·
Shrewd Negotiator
10,436 Posts
The article I read said the owner wants to retire from racing and move on. They even listed it in the publicly available commercial available listings finally. Because they would consider selling it to someone for uses other than motorsports. Someone may want to build condos there but it's not the current owner.

http://www.progress-index.com/news/20161208/virginia-motorsports-revs-up-sale-efforts

DINWIDDIE — After several quiet years on the market, the Virginia Motorsports Park in Dinwiddie is taking a more active approach to selling off its 500 acres west of Route 1.

“I hope it will be sold some day,” owner Dale Foley told The Progress-Index. Although he said that he has spoken to several motorsports operators about buying the property over the past two to three years, that plan “hasn’t really come to fruition.”

This fall, VMP went more public with its sale, applying for inclusion on the Virginia Economic Development Partnership’s listing of available properties.

Foley, who has been involved with VMP since planning on the project began in 1992, said the decision to sell the property came from the desire to “retire and move on.”

The business has been working with Porter Realty to find a buyer, and Foley said that he would “possibly” be open to a sale of the property for industrial or other commercial development.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts