Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was told that since i am prior service, army active, that i do not have to participate in a gun control course. all that is required is some paperwork and of course.....the fee to register. lol any input? also, what's new and reasonable in the handgun market for home (and wife with little exp)? i'm worried about the safety as well as i have two small children.......they will snoop within the next few years! thanks:smt068

·
Registered
91 Posts
You will need a certified copy of DD Form 214 . After you have that, just go to your local police dept and fill out application pay fees and get finger printed. Then wait till your local clerks office calls you to pick it up.

·
Registered
15,547 Posts
i was told that since i am prior service, army active, that i do not have to participate in a gun control course. all that is required is some paperwork and of course.....the fee to register. lol any input? also, what's new and reasonable in the handgun market for home (and wife with little exp)? i'm worried about the safety as well as i have two small children.......they will snoop within the next few years! thanks:smt068
Same here in Florida, and I think pretty much everywhere...

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
does it have to be copy #4 dd-214??? or will the stndard copy work? copy 4 is the one that specifies the details of sevive and discharge, (more than just honorable/dishonorable) thanks.

·
Registered
91 Posts
does it have to be copy #4 dd-214??? or will the stndard copy work? copy 4 is the one that specifies the details of sevive and discharge, (more than just honorable/dishonorable) thanks.
Your standard copy should be ok. It verifies your years of service active / reserve. You can call your local PD and they will go into more detail as to save you some time and hassle.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks to all who have answerd, guess i'm goin to the courthouse, then probly' the pd after.....i'd like to get the wife something for the house and to carry to work, these little thugz around here worry me....try to make a name for themselves, it's bs! thanks again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts