thinking of heading there late august / September
there a quiet a few , witch one is good one
looking for some thing that will be good for 2 very young kids , and wife and i
o and if there is any car stuff , that would be good for me lol

thanks

·
Revolution Is My Name
20,381 Posts
Check out the eastern shore. Don't cross the bridge to VA beach. Better everything. The best seafood I've ever had was on the eastern shore of VA. Route 13.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
i think there is a KOA campground on general booth parkway. its ony a few miles from ocean front, waterpark, etc. as for seafood go to harbor seafood on atlantic ave. small place but good food and noncomerical, unlike captin george's. just my 2cents

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
there is a KOA and a TRAVLE PARK on general booth, but down at the end of Sande Bridge is a cool place called Out Door Resorts all paved and cement sights really nice. they will not alow popups.

·
I have a liter of cola
7,101 Posts

·
Smoke Em if you got Em
12,831 Posts

·
Registered
10,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks guy's it been 20 years since I've been to V.B. i sure alot has changed , wife likes M.B but 18 hrs with a 2 and 4 years old is way to muck , if i remember well V.B. is just as nice and only 10 to 12 hrs from me
i will be looking up all places mentioned
any car stuff out there worth looking at , drag stripes hot rod shows

thank

·
Registered
10,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
some was telling me about one park that was close to a minatory Base , he said it was cool but after a few day's the the plane going by it because to much , witch one is that one , i would not like that place , i would think

·
Registered
929 Posts
holiday travel park on general booth blvd. you will have the navy planes fly over but it is cool as hell to see them that close up. they have a trolley that will take you to atlantic at the beachor you can drive your car and park in the holiday travel parking lot on pacific. they have cleaned va. beach up and it is more family oriented.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Holiday travel is one of the nicest places we've been. Several pools so the kids kinda end up seperate from the "relaxers". They have (as of a couple years ago, anyway) bands, DJ's, ect. several nights. The roads are paved, making for less dust & better bike riding.
It would be my first pick...You'll be right at home, when we were there we had they only United States license plate it appeared. I was told it was owned by French Canadian's...they ALL came to visit! Just about EVERY license plate was from Canada. Seemed almost like a time-share deal or something for the most part. They drove in, in a car loaded to the roof & (rented?) a permanent trailer on the site.
As mentioned, the trolly system comes & goes every 1/2 hour or so.
Just a little advice: Don't use your emergency brake there if it hasn't been used for a while...It WILL stick on, just ask me how I know! ;) Have Fun, Lorne

·
Registered
10,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Holiday travel is one of the nicest places we've been. Several pools so the kids kinda end up seperate from the "relaxers". They have (as of a couple years ago, anyway) bands, DJ's, ect. several nights. The roads are paved, making for less dust & better bike riding.
It would be my first pick...You'll be right at home, when we were there we had they only United States license plate it appeared. I was told it was owned by French Canadian's...they ALL came to visit! Just about EVERY license plate was from Canada. Seemed almost like a time-share deal or something for the most part. They drove in, in a car loaded to the roof & (rented?) a permanent trailer on the site.
Just a little advice: Don't use your emergency brake there if it hasn't been used for a while...It WILL stick on, just ask me how I know! ;) Have Fun, Lorne

thanks

the only this is i am at home here ,i would like to be the only Canadian on the lot , you know
it's one of the 3 we are looking at

·
Registered
526 Posts
The KOA Campground on General Booth is OK. Living in Virginia Beach for 22 years, I'd suggest staying in the state park: http://www.dcr.virginia.gov/state_parks/fir.shtml

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=first...lz=1I7ADFA_en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl

Yes, the beach has cleaned up a little bit and there is certainly a much larger police presence than there used to be in the 90's. Decent bar/club scene around 21st and Atlantic Ave. Ocean Breeze Festival Park, Virginia Marine Science Museum, Rudee Inlet, 15th Street Pier, Back Bay Wildlife Refuge, are all worth checking out. Lots of places to rent jetskis, bikes, catamarans. Parasailing, deep-sea/Gulf Stream fising trips, dolphin & whale watching tours. Depends on what you wanna do. There's a Busch Gardens about 45 min away and Waterside in Norfolk might be worth checking out.

Many of the mom & pop restaurants/stores are being bought and demolished by the city and replaced with chain restaurants and condos. Part of what I think is an effort by VB to emulate Myrtle Beach. The oceanfront is slowly losing it's soul...

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
X2 they even have a bus that takes you to the main drag every 30 min. I am planning on going there this year.

·
Registered
526 Posts

·
Registered
10,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
cool thats going to be some thing i will look at for sure
got to get my 2 year old son smelling fuel

1 - 20 of 28 Posts