1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
3M General Purpose Adhesive Cleaner P/N 08987 Red and White can at Oreilly's

·
Registered
53 Posts
3 m makes solvent that will remove the glue. It available at the automotive paint store. Or walmart has some thing glue be gone it's in the paint section. They will eat into the paint or clear.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I usualy use brakleen or acetone for geting adhesive off but depends on what the surface is too i wouldnt use any of those two on any kind of painted surface.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
WD40 will take it off if you've got a little time to let it soak. The stuff that comes in a gallon can works better.
spray on Oven Cleaner will do it if the WD takes too long..Goo Gone works about the best I've found.

use a little heat (hair dryer or heat gun) when you take it off and it will be easier to clean up.

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
Coleman camp fuel. Will not harm the paint leather or fabric but will take the adhesive off.

Tim

·
Vendor
6,471 Posts
I use Xenit from Stoner Solutions http://stonersolutions.com/ It's a citrus based spray and is the best I have ever tried. I used WD40, laquer thinner on my windows, but this stuff cuts it real quick and its a "green" product, not that most of us worry too much about that stuff.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Zep Big Orange comes in a spray can

·
Registered
804 Posts
You can also buy a rubber wheel at most auto body places. Chemicals that don't harm paint will take some time to take the adhesive off. The rubber wheel will take most of it off quickly and doesn't harm paint.

·
In the Beams.
21,997 Posts
I usualy use brakleen or acetone for geting adhesive off but depends on what the surface is too i wouldnt use any of those two on any kind of painted surface.
thats a BIG NO NO on lexan ....

I use wd-40 it's quick cheap and probably laying around the shop then razor blade the residue comes off tlike butter then !! :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts