1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
The D.C. Lip, Hairspray Phil,Landy, Harrop and the others knew what it is really like to run on a small tire. Anyone besides George know who owned the Monster Mash 55 Chevy? There is a guy who worked for Jenkins. His name was on all his race cars. His son is a crew chief for a cup car. Anyone know his name?

·
Registered
220 Posts
The D.C. Lip, Hairspray Phil,Landy, Harrop and the others knew what it is really like to run on a small tire. Anyone besides George know who owned the Monster Mash 55 Chevy? There is a guy who worked for Jenkins. His name was on all his race cars. His son is a crew chief for a cup car. Anyone know his name?
I read about the car in super stock magazine years ago but can't remember who it was. please tell me!

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Pat Tryson is Joes son. Spanakos had the 55 and I believe in 64 Jenkins ran it some. The Mash was a bad ass stocker in its time. We had the 55 Pontiac Ed Hamburger had call the Bananna Peel. Had Jenkins power in it. Nice to see there are guys that know the real cars of racing.....lol

·
Registered
4,878 Posts
Nice vid from Cecil in the old days,when the return lane still was on the right side of the track.Also before the pits were all paved and you used to get a hand written timing slip from the tower.Still have some from there in the late 60's.

·
Banned
26,908 Posts
I love how the old film makes the cars look faster than they really were. Also I dig that "Daddy Warbucks" falcon and how he was torturing the clutch...great stuff!!

·
Former RJ instigator
41,086 Posts
I didnt get wood but I thought it was pretty cool, thanks for the post dude.

That Tasca Ford Mustang was badass!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Them boys could flat out shift a car....way cool to watch. I'm going to check some more out later this evening. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I live about 4 miles from cecil and it's pretty cool to see how the landscape has changed through the years and to have big names back then racing there. Great find thanks

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm glad y'all have enjoyed it. :D

One thing I noticed is that every run seems to start with a fresh launch pad with no rosin from the previous run. Did they sweep it away?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts