Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
This amp goes to 11.
12,064 Posts
1959 light/clock, made by Hammer Bros. of Chicago for Schlitz...gotta love the "Flamingo" logo at the bottom. The fluorescent light tube bit the big one as I plugged it in for the pic.

·
TEAM CARB
45,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no pics yet but I have a bunch of Schlitz stuff a big globe, the woman holding a globe statue/light, the shlitz woman sconces...you get the idea, lol

·
This amp goes to 11.
12,064 Posts
no pics yet but I have a bunch of Schlitz stuff a big globe, the woman holding a globe statue/light, the shlitz woman sconces...you get the idea, lol
You know what they say..."Schlitz tonight...shits tomorrow!"

Or, "Blatz tonight...splats tomorrow!"

·
The Bullet Killer
36,720 Posts
Are the fixable? i got a sick miller lite one and a decent bud light one that need to be fixed but cant find anyone

·
This amp goes to 11.
12,064 Posts
Are the fixable? i got a sick miller lite one and a decent bud light one that need to be fixed but cant find anyone
If they are true neon lighting, yeah....but it's gonna cost. Less if you find a local neon guy, more if you have a restorer do it. True neon sign guys can be hard to find...I am told that a lot of the new neon business stuff is made overseas, or by large production plants, and they don't do repairs.

One thing to remember, also, is that if they are from the '80s or newer, in some cases even the '70s, it's not usually worth it to fix the neon ones...you can still find a replacement for less than the cost of the repair.

If it's a fluorescent or incandescent sign, they are usually easy to fix or upgrade. I like keeping mine as original as I can (original cords, transformers, etc. as long as they are safe), but a lot of people just use modern lights, modified to fit.

I'm no expert on this, so check around with some local sign guys...might be able to find an older retired sign guy who still keeps his hand in.

·
TEAM CARB
45,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nice stuff....this could be a real cool thread...I wanna get some Hamms stuff...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts