Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm putting the last pieces together on a "Vintage Air" A/C unit
in a 1965 El Camino. I think I shot myself in the foot with the price I charged. Anybody do one? What did you get for it?

·
God's servant Romans 13:4
6,798 Posts
Well it sounds like you didn't have any experience before doing the job. So unless you have 30-40 hours into it, I'd say you charged the going rate.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No I think I did ok. I've never installed one of these kits before, no. But I'm done under the dash and have the compresser mounted. I just have to put the inner fender back and mount the drier and wire it. I have 12hrs in it so far.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cutting the vent out under the center of the dash took the most time jeeez. I think I would have done something
different design wise and used that metal duct instead of having people take it out. It doesn't look like it would have been in the way.

·
Registered
12,595 Posts
No I think I did ok. I've never installed one of these kits before, no. But I'm done under the dash and have the compresser mounted. I just have to put the inner fender back and mount the drier and wire it. I have 12hrs in it so far.
12 with another 3 or so to go?
$500 is a fair price if you are just doing it at home for someone.
12-15 hours at most shops would be 75 to 95 per hour where I live.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Usually charge around $900 for a Sure Fit install like that.

·
Just Sayin Crew V.P.
37,825 Posts
We did one and charged $950 for it. I think it was a fair price for the hours required.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts