Yellow Bullet Forums banner

621 - 631 of 631 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Which front coil overs would you recommend for an s10 blazer with a twin turbo sbc, front end weight comes in at 1815 lbs, rear comes in at 1610 lbs. I have DA vikings on it now and im wondering if i should swap to the crusader with a 450 lb spring? Current set are A224-350.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Which front coil overs would you recommend for an s10 blazer with a twin turbo sbc, front end weight comes in at 1815 lbs, rear comes in at 1610 lbs. I have DA vikings on it now and im wondering if i should swap to the crusader with a 450 lb spring? Current set are A224-350.
Is this vehicle still equipped with leaf springs? If so, would you be able to provide us with an installed spring height measurement of the current A224-350R set-up?

At that front end weight you are around the transitional point where we'd go from a 350# spring to a 450#. What we then look at is how much power your making, what type of rear suspension you have, and what type of surface prep it will be ran on.

The 350# springs will yield a lot of stored energy and would be good for a drag only set up. The 450# would be better suited if this will be used for street/strip duty.

The Crusader AK valving would be our recommendation if you are making over 750HP as you would have a lot larger rebound force range to tune with.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Is this vehicle still equipped with leaf springs? If so, would you be able to provide us with an installed spring height measurement of the current A224-350R set-up?

At that front end weight you are around the transitional point where we'd go from a 350# spring to a 450#. What we then look at is how much power your making, what type of rear suspension you have, and what type of surface prep it will be ran on.

The 350# springs will yield a lot of stored energy and would be good for a drag only set up. The 450# would be better suited if this will be used for street/strip duty.

The Crusader AK valving would be our recommendation if you are making over 750HP as you would have a lot larger rebound force range to tune with.
Yeah its still on leaf springs, right around the 1K hp mark very limited street use and a mix of prepped and no prep racing. What are you considering installed spring height, from the lower shock mount to the top of the spring bucket?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yeah its still on leaf springs, right around the 1K hp mark very limited street use and a mix of prepped and no prep racing. What are you considering installed spring height, from the lower shock mount to the top of the spring bucket?
Installed spring height is the measurement from the top of the spring to the bottom of the spring with the full weight of the vehicle on its tires.

·
Registered
133 Posts
A quick measurement shows 6". What part number and spring weight would i need, again very limited street use.
Your current set up yields 4" of preload. Our recommendation would be to stay with the 350# spring. On a 10" conical spring this amount of preload is good for weight transfer characteristics on a leaf sprung drag race application. A 450# spring would yield 3.11" of preload which is close to what we look for in a street performance set up.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Your current set up yields 4" of preload. Our recommendation would be to stay with the 350# spring. On a 10" conical spring this amount of preload is good for weight transfer characteristics on a leaf sprung drag race application. A 450# spring would yield 3.11" of preload which is close to what we look for in a street performance set up.
Awesome, what is the part number for the crusader with the AK valving you suggested?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Awesome, what is the part number for the crusader with the AK valving you suggested?
If you have the Warrior A224, the equivalent Crusader series with the AK valving is A324AK.

·
workin it
7,773 Posts
who can get me a price for viking B322AM? 1969 firebird bbc w/nos

·
Registered
133 Posts
who can get me a price for viking B322AM? 1969 firebird bbc w/nos
Current retail pricing on a B322AM is $265.00 each, plus shipping. You can order direct by calling 952-469-4130 or you can order through any of our dealers.

Please note that this is the dropped ride height rear shock for the 1969 Firebird. If you are using traction devices like Caltracs or Assassin bars you will want to review the B322xx shock specifications to ensure you will have plenty of extension travel to complement those leaf spring traction devises.

·
workin it
7,773 Posts
turns out I need the 327AM, working with Cliff to figure out my best application

621 - 631 of 631 Posts