Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How do Viking shocks compare to Strange and QA1 in quality? I need struts for a 3rd gen camaro and Viking has a model that looks like it's exactly what I'm looking for. # J301AK-200K To use in radial tire setup and no prep setup.

·
Drag Week Survivor
14,369 Posts
I have them on the back of my wife's car. They are Crusader radial valved above 600hp and they get extremely stiff.

For the price I think they are a great shock, but I don't think they are on the same level as a Menser radial valved shock like I have on my car. But the price kinda reflects that you're not getting that Menser performance at the Viking price point.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have them on the back of my wife's car. They are Crusader radial valved above 600hp and they get extremely stiff.

For the price I think they are a great shock, but I don't think they are on the same level as a Menser radial valved shock like I have on my car. But the price kinda reflects that you're not getting that Menser performance at the Viking price point.
I was recommended the Crusader in "AK valving Front Drag >600HP (Tie Down / No-Prep)". It sounds like those maybe the "AM" valving for the rear.

·
I kill parts
9,895 Posts
Having run all three mentioned, the Vikings (at least in the Crusaders) are a better shock than the other two.

I will say the Strange struts we've run were the steel body and I was less than impressed with them. They warrantied them twice from the pistons coming loose of the rod inside the strut(yes, we had travel limiters) and then we threw the 3rd set away after they did it again. - They worked great up until you suddenly had maybe 2-3 clicks total and they would "clunk" during a hard launch, initially dropping without valving for 3/4-1" then slowing to where they should have been.

I've got the AM valved Crusaders under the back of our 632 car right now, they're in the lower middle of their adjustment range and handling low 1.1x 60fts well in an old ladder bar chassis on 10.5's going mid 4's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts