Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How many of you are using your Viking Crusader shocks on the street? Are you softening the adjustments to make them live on the street? Any issues?
The Viking website makes it very clear that the Crusaders are RACE USE ONLY / DESIGNED FOR RACING etc, but I'm not sure if that's a liability/indemnity thing, trying to scare away the average person with a 13 second cruiser, or if the design and valving mean that they actually won't cope well with street driving.
I'm building something that is making about 900hp to the tires, on a 275 pro radial at the track every now and then, but maybe 4000 or 5000 miles of street driving each year. The rear end I'm using is from a 235 radial car that was running 4.7s @ 157mph, and I'll be copying his slightly tweaked SN95 geometry into the 63 Comet. I'd be happy enough with Warriors on the front, but I feel like I really need Crusaders on the rear to manage the rebound.
Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
Craig

·
Registered
16,242 Posts
AFCO's here, but this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

·
Registered
88 Posts
I talked to a tech at Afco yesterday and he said not to change settings while on the street or when trailering (in my case at least, not super far and only ~5 times a year), but to each their own. He made a good point as to full soft on the street and an emergency maneuver...

·
Registered
524 Posts
I run them on the rear on mine , is driven daily . Plus I carry all my race stuff , tyres jack etc in boot , when racing whether local or interstate .
I go full loose then back 4 clicks on R and C . The QA1 singles on front I do the same . Cant leave fronts full loose on freeway gets real floaty .
Im sure I read that as Vikings recommendation ?

Tex

1 - 5 of 5 Posts