Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned...Four Times
40,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your service. When I joined the Army in 1987 there were still a lot of Vietnam vets in the Army and they taught me how to be a soldier. I appreciate them and everything they taught me. They were a no bullshit tough soldier that didn't hold back, they gave their all and expected nothing less than perfection. The lessons I learned were priceless to me during my career. You guys do not get the respect you deserve and for that all I can say is that those people didn't know you. I did and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Thank you for what you did and for passing the torch onto to a guy that was repeatedly told, "You fucking idiot if you do that in combat you are going to die."

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
x a million! I grew up listening to stories about Vietnam from my Dad. He was my inspiration to join the military, and since I've been out, I've met a ton of Vietnam Vets who are some of my dearest friends. I tell them all the time that they set the standard for all of us who followed, heroes every one.

·
D.J. RIBBY
25,529 Posts
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your service. When I joined the Army in 1987 there were still a lot of Vietnam vets in the Army and they taught me how to be a soldier. I appreciate them and everything they taught me. They were a no bullshit tough soldier that didn't hold back, they gave their all and expected nothing less than perfection. The lessons I learned were priceless to me during my career. You guys do not get the respect you deserve and for that all I can say is that those people didn't know you. I did and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Thank you for what you did and for passing the torch onto to a guy that was repeatedly told, "You fucking idiot if you do that in combat you are going to die."
WELL WRITTEN!!:smt023:smt023:smt023

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Many thanks for the acknowledgement. All those that have and are serving in peace time or time of conflict - your sacrifices and patriotism are very much appreciated.

Sgt J.O. Butcher 3rd Bttn/26th Marine Regiment "Bush Bastards"
USMC
Viet Nam, Class of '69
"Yae tho I walk thru the valley of death, I fear no evil......
for I am the meanest mother fucker in the valley."
Semper Fidelis

·
Registered
56,906 Posts
Many thanks for the acknowledgement. All those that have and are serving in peace time or time of conflict - your sacrifices and patriotism are very much appreciated.

Sgt J.O. Butcher 3rd Bttn/26th Marine Regiment "Bush Bastards"
USMC
Viet Nam, Class of '69
"Yae tho I walk thru the valley of death, I fear no evil......
for I am the meanest mother fucker in the valley."
Semper Fidelis
Quoted for truth!!

·
102,312 Posts
Many thanks to the Vietnam Vets.

·
Put Custom Title HERE!...
56,427 Posts
I'm just an "era" guy!...
Those of you that served, probably know what that means!...

But I did "get" to train with DI's that were fresh out of combat and Ft. Polk (in the Winter) was called "Li'l Vietnam"!... ;)

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Sometimes I really feel like these guys are getting forgotten.. I definitely wasn't there, but I've read enough to a point where you really get a sense of appreciation for what they did. The fact that Koolaid was a highlight of the day speaks for itself, IMO. Reading about these things will never get you to understand it, though.. and in many ways - I'm lucky I don't. That's the price they paid.

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
AWESOME POST.

Thank you Vietnam Vets for your sacrifice.

Mistah

·
Gold Member
6,003 Posts
Couldn't say it any better. I have the utmost respect for you all, you paved the way for what we new guys have today. It makes me sick that it seems like proletariat really are forgetting the Vietnam vets, when they first got back on home soil were even treated like trash. It makes me tell people when they say "thank you for your service", say thank you and please thank the vets of all eras. So again, thank you for your service!

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Great post! About time you said something worthwhile! :finga: lol

·
Registered
458 Posts
My covers off to you gentlemen. Thank you for your sacrifices. You answered when you were called upon. Gods speed.

·
Registered
6,123 Posts
Great post man!!

Although I've never been in the military, several in my family have.

Thanks to all Vietnam Vets and all Veterans from any wars. I appreciate your service.

·
Registered
8,462 Posts
Much respect for these folks. They suffered through a war mucked up by politicians, and got no respect upon returning. A shame for our country.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts