Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has video of my car at Byron at the wheelie contest?? the red 57 chevy with twin turbos thanks

·
Registered
924 Posts
how did you finish.are the turbos still intact lol. wish i could of been there with you guys.what happened to the car at the grove on the last nscb,somebody said you blew a tire? any ways ,will see ya at the next race.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bob 4 people and my self got flats that night, destroyed a brand new slick,

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
The last pass I saw you make Sunday, it looked like the front tires never touched the ground until the finish line!!! I'd love to see video of that

I like that car alot!!

·
Screwed and Loving It
1,026 Posts
Like I said to Mario at the end of the track, he just about gave me a heart attack. I could see the whole underside of the car, two or three times and that was close to the end of the quarter.

You really need to post some pics of those torn up whellie bar wheels! They saved your life for sure.

·
Registered
22,719 Posts
Good deal on getting it back out. Is th ecar getting air trapped underneath it making it carry the wheel so far down track? Chassis cars usually don't do that.

·
Registered
790 Posts
we were sitting on the hill at 300' down track watching the first round of wheel stands
so when they brought you out for a time run we had a good view of your pass
the car definitely hiked the wheels at about 1000' then the car settled down but then as you crossed the stripe it hiked the wheels again
and we seen a puff of smoke off the back of the car. at first we didn't know what it was from,
then later tom told me about your demolished wheelie wheels and then we knew that's where the smoke was from
those wheels aren't supposed to run at over 200!!!
doug told us you were hanging weight in front to keep it down
stop by the shop, I 've got an anvil here you can use!!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Like I said to Mario at the end of the track, he just about gave me a heart attack. I could see the whole underside of the car, two or three times and that was close to the end of the quarter.

You really need to post some pics of those torn up whellie bar wheels! They saved your life for sure.
yeah when i got out of the car on the return road i heard a noise that sounded like a electric fuel pump running,when i went to the back of the car the wheelie wheels were spinning really fast and destroyed , ill try to post pics later

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
we were sitting on the hill at 300' down track watching the first round of wheel stands
so when they brought you out for a time run we had a good view of your pass
the car definitely hiked the wheels at about 1000' then the car settled down but then as you crossed the stripe it hiked the wheels again
and we seen a puff of smoke off the back of the car. at first we didn't know what it was from,
then later tom told me about your demolished wheelie wheels and then we knew that's where the smoke was from
those wheels aren't supposed to run at over 200!!!
doug told us you were hanging weight in front to keep it down
stop by the shop, I 've got an anvil here you can use!!
at 800 ft it got so hi it unloaded and smoked the tires just as i pulled the chutes,

·
Registered
866 Posts
unreal!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts