1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
16,066 Posts
Such a badass combo..............for pulling your boat!! :cool:

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
How has reliability been? For a while I thought about throwing a gt45 on my 3/4 ton with a 6.0L for a little extra while towing. I think one would have to be pretty careful with the low rpm boost tune.

·
Registered
23,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Street driving is great . The engine was rebuilt a little over a year ago and has 15,000 miles on it already .

Funny thing is , it went 8.78 right after the rebuild and just went 8.80 15,000 miles later , without changing anything .

Ill bet Ive only changed the plugs twice .

·
Registered
51 Posts
Your truck always impresses! Do you have a build thread or info on the motor? Trying to decide which way to go with the next incarnation. I remember seeing some stuff, I thought on LS1tech, but it's all gone. Or my memory is getting worse, hahaha!

·
Registered
23,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks man . Not an LS , but use to have a build thread on the Turbo Forums . It was started probably 12 years ago . Way outdated and so many things have changed .

Its a World Block SBC , motor plate , Eagle 6" rods , DragonSlayer crank , Champ pan , Comp HR short travel race lifters , LilJohn cam , Motown EFI intake , Accufab 4150 TB , Holley EFI , Clark Copper head gaskets , o-ring block /reciever groves in head , AFR 195 street heads , Comp Pro magnum chromoly rockers , Pro Magnum push rods , Melling Shark tooth oil pump .
TH400 with FMRVB hipster brake , Moser Dana60 , 3.54 gear
Forced Induction Billet S484 1.32/96
water/air intercooler
C16 fuel 34psi
pump93 18psi

Pistons :

piston build.jpg

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
I wouldn't change a thing on that nice combo! What do you figure HP at for that weight and time?
I can't recall if you posted cam specs or if that is out of bounds.
Nice heads for street driving. What rpm do you turn? Amazing it moves so well with 3.50 gears.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts