1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
28,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
The shock wave was still measurable on it's 6th pass around the earth.

57 megaton,,scaled down from 100!!!

"google earth" czar bomba, you can see the huge phuckin crater.

Then enter "Bravo crater" to see our 15 megaton firecracker we set off

·
Wearing my WWII helmet
19,489 Posts
Typical of the russians. They were always trying to one-up the US. But no doubt that it's a huge bitch! Freak. Behemouth.

·
Premium Member
102,308 Posts
So let me guess, if the Russians crank one of these off in a U.S city we are just going to put what's left of our tail between our legs?

Please give me a break, if the Russians aimed for California, they wouldn't hit the Pacific Ocean, but I bet any one of our Minutemen III's could turn Moscow into dust launching from Montana.

·
Registered
15,547 Posts
So let me guess, if the Russians crank one of these off in a U.S city we are just going to put what's left of our tail between our legs?

Please give me a break, if the Russians aimed for California, they wouldn't hit the Pacific Ocean, but I bet any one of our Minutemen III's could turn Moscow into dust launching from Montana.
:smt023:smt023

·
Administrator
137,255 Posts

I will put money they wouldn't even hit the Pacific ocean unless they fired it from there.. :p Russia is 20 years behind the times. A big boom is nice if you can hit what you're aiming for.. :smt118

·
Banned
28,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the Czar bomb wasn't even practical. It weighs something like 40 tons. It could only be delivered by airplane and it slowed the plane down so much, it would have been a sitting duck.

While I read about the bomb, Russia has the distinction of the biggest cannon. However it was never fired either because it was never practical.

·
bye
50,511 Posts
the Czar bomb wasn't even practical. It weighs something like 40 tons. It could only be delivered by airplane and it slowed the plane down so much, it would have been a sitting duck.

While I read about the bomb, Russia has the distinction of the biggest cannon. However it was never fired either because it was never practical.
LMMFAO at some of you guys!!!
Thanks Mike!
This was nothing but a scare tactic by the Soviets, since they didn't have the ability to deliver nuclear weapons with ICBMs. The only way they had to deliver this bomb(as all others in '61) was by a BEAR - TU-95..........a very slow but very long distance bomber.

·
Banned
69,762 Posts
And yet this facility exists within a city in Russia funded by the US. The city is completely surrounded by fences; nobody is allowed to enter or leave without being fully searched and documented. If you want to enter, every electronic device is confiscated.

http://en.vniief.ru/

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Anything launched this way would get burned or shot out of the sky, no worries on that end.

On the other hand, Americas recieving ports are still woefully unprotected.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.