Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
I bought a Tri-Pod @ a yard sale & took the bolt & E Clip off of it, I drilled a hole in a piece of angle & welded it to my roll bar. I have not tried it yet, but its VERY solid. I was going to try to run it the next time I took the car out. I still think I am going need to put some kind of strap around the camera to hold it to the mount a bit more firm, but I think that it will work fine.

One thing to keep in mind is that if your camera has a manual focus it will try to focus on the winshield. the camera I bought has an option to put the focus in Manual mode so I can focus it manually & keep it from changing focus. it also has a remote so I can just point it aft & start it recording.

Bob

·
Administrator
137,281 Posts
One thing to keep in mind is that if your camera has a manual focus it will try to focus on the winshield. the camera I bought has an option to put the focus in Manual mode so I can focus it manually & keep it from changing focus. it also has a remote so I can just point it aft & start it recording

You mean auto focus right??? :-D I know its too early in Cali... :roll:

·
Registered
19 Posts

·
First Ten Original Member
1,426 Posts
Come on guys, How about a 1-5/8 muffler clamp, a 1 foot long peice of 1/2" moly tubing, a flat piece of moly 1" X 2" with a hole drilled in it a 1/2" from the end.
Weld said tubing to the bottom of muffler clamp, weld said plate to the top of said tube. Cut a piece of rubber to match the top of camera mount, cut a piece of rubber to go around roll bar tubing and bolt into place, attach camera. Have fun......
And you guys call yourselves race car drivers.......ha

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.