Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am building a 351w with 10-1 compression, .523 lift flat tappet cam, 69 351w heads, 1.6 roller rockers. It has a c4 tranny with a ptc converter that should stall around 3500rpm and an 8 inch rear with 4.62 gears. I have found a victor jr for a good deal and was planning on getting it. This is a drag race only application. I don't care about street or daily driving characteristics. I lot of people run these intakes so similiar builds with good luck so I believe it should work good. whats your opinion on this.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I plan on running a nitrous plate kit later on

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
A Victor Jr isn't bad and will probably work fine going by the mild combination you have. If you were making more power or had more inches, I would go Super Victor or Parker Funnel Web. Run an HVH SS spacer with the Jr. I do alot of these intake porting wise and they work very well on mild setups..

·
Former RJ instigator
41,133 Posts
Not trying to hyjack this but I got couple questions concerning this intake also.

The current combo in my sons 89gt mustang is a flat topped 351W, 512/512 flat tappet hydralic cam, 750 HOLLEY DP carb, performer intake W/ 2 inch 4 hole spacer, performer heads, C4, 10 inch 3000 converter, 373 gears.

Question #1 if we switch to a victor jr will the current dizzy work?
Reason I ask is I've heard that the victor jr takes a different distributor than the performer, I know stupid question - I'm just hesitate to get this intake as I'm not in the know on fords much and funds are tight, least they are on his budget.

Distributor is a MSD pro billet hooked up to a 6AL box.

This car runs well for what it is-> 7.70's with sixties in the low 160's.

Question #2 will a single plane intake like a victor jr make enough of a difference to warrant the purchase?

Thx, Cp

·
Registered
893 Posts
Not trying to hyjack this but I got couple questions concerning this intake also.

Question #2 will a single plane intake like a victor jr make enough of a difference to warrant the purchase?

Thx, Cp

Mine run the same (NA) with performer verses vic jr.
But it ran 2 tenths faster on the (GAS) 7.09 with performer
6.86 with vic jr.

Holp it helps thanks Brandon.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
could you give a link to the right distributor for this intake on a 351w

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #10