Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a LS3/418 being built now.
Which intake would be best, Vic Sr or Vic Jr.
418 w/ TFS 235's. Fast 4150 TB.
All out race car.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replys.
Keep them coming.
Just wandering how much power wise difference in the two. And can someone explain the difference the runners make.

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
The mast piece is very nice. I am saving for one now. They told me 40-50 over a jr.

Wish I could find a used one.

Tim

·
ProStock Jackstand Winner
25,123 Posts
I am saving for a Cary Manifold too. Not enough of them out there to get them used, plus there is nothing better worth going to. These are just as good as a sheetmetal (to a certain degree) and legal in all classes.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I think it's worth every penny. I've heard of 30-50HP on a mild application. When I pulled mine out of the box I was extremely happy. Looks like a work of art on the inside.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
What's the price on the PI/Mast?
Mast Motorsports website says $1500.00 If you bought a Victor Sr for around $400.00 and had it ported by a professional you would pay another $800.00 or more. The Mast intake is the best cast intake I've ever seen IMO. This thing is thick in all areas and has real thick mounting flanges for a good seal to the heads. I have the Ls7 4500 Carb version.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Has anyone ran cary's intake on a 346??? If so how well did it work and any tq loss at all?

·
ProStock Jackstand Winner
25,123 Posts
I meant between the Vic Sr and Vic Jr.
i say the jr to sr is 30-40 and the Sr to PI is another 30, imo... provided you have the cam and heads to support them.

i don't have any hard proof from the victor jr to super victor because i changed the cam, compression, added a vac pump, external wet sump and low tension rings and picked up a lot up power and 2000 rpm.

Now, i will be going from Super Victor to PI/Mast so I will have those differences, but it will be a while.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Anyone seen gains running a spacer on a super vic over just the carb on top? Reason I ask is because my 6.0L with super vic and a 2" HVH super sucker cleaned up my idle a lot and made it easier to dial it in instead of fouling out plugs on a cold motor. But I'm wondering if that tall of a combo hurt me at the strip over just messing with the carb more without the spacer on there.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts