Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have one that is bad, and another one to repace it. Is there a way for me switch them over on my own? Thanks.

·
Registered
31,526 Posts
Actually, I'm not sure about that.....

Just call Verizon directly, they'll need the SMEID or whatever number off the new phone. They'll plug it in, you'll have to shut your phone off, I think they'll do a master reset, make sure it comes up properly and then you'll be perfectly good....

HOWEVER... If you haven't backed up your contacts.... I would certainly sign up for myverizon and have them backed up or you will lose EVERYTHING. You're ring tones, pictures, texts, etc.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Yeah, you can do it online with your account as long as your new phone doesnt require a dataplan. But i havent tried to do this in a little over a year. There arent any verizon stores close to you?:smt102

·
Registered
31,526 Posts
Oh so that's what it is.... the Data plan keeps you from being able to do it. Ok... Thanks I couldn't figure out why.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
*228 option 3 if it doesn't work for some reason it automatically connects you to customer service.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Misanthropist
3,142 Posts
Pretty much ANYTHING and EVERYTHING can be done from your online Verizon account.
One caveat....if the replacement phone isn't an old phone of YOUR OWN it may or may not work. I found a Verizon (Motorola) KRaZR phone years ago, I wanted to activate for my son, and because it was reported as loss or stolen by the original owner, it was "locked" and was unable to be activated. (sounded like a crock to me....but that's just the way it is).
I do know that you can find UNLOCKED phones (of all varieties & carriers) on eBay.

And speaking of CROCK'S OF SHIT........... I can't stand that fact that except for the 5 "regular" (shitty) phones Verizon has, every other phone they offer REQUIRES a data-plan option (+$29.99). This is bull-shit! What if I don't want a dataplan? I'm screwed. Guess, I hope my LG Dare lasts for a LONG time!!

·
Registered
31,526 Posts
Pretty much ANYTHING and EVERYTHING can be done from your online Verizon account.
One caveat....if the replacement phone isn't an old phone of YOUR OWN it may or may not work. I found a Verizon (Motorola) KRaZR phone years ago, I wanted to activate for my son, and because it was reported as loss or stolen by the original owner, it was "locked" and was unable to be activated. (sounded like a crock to me....but that's just the way it is).
I do know that you can find UNLOCKED phones (of all varieties & carriers) on eBay.

And speaking of CROCK'S OF SHIT........... I can't stand that fact that except for the 5 "regular" (shitty) phones Verizon has, every other phone they offer REQUIRES a data-plan option (+$29.99). This is bull-shit! What if I don't want a dataplan? I'm screwed. Guess, I hope my LG Dare lasts for a LONG time!!
Well..... If you want.... I have an LG Chocolate, and also a LG DARE. I have the Storm 2 so no need for the Dare. If you want them..... I'd sell them to you for $50 plus shipping..... and that's only because the Dare is broken but I have the protection plan on it..... it would cost me $50 to get a new one.. I haven't done it because I don't need the phone.

Also.... if a phone is attached to a line, it cannot be transferred unless another phone takes over that line. I found that out when I sold one of my old phones. I had to call and have my line switched to a different phone, once I did that, he was able to have his number put on THAT one.

·
Registered
31,526 Posts
Well maybe since your old one didn't have a data plan it allowed the transfer.
Either that or alot of us are seriously doing something wrong, lol. I just call Verizon and let them do it over the phone personally, I don't feel like messing with all that shit, lol.

·
Registered
31,526 Posts
Well Shit...... I seriously have done something wrong...... Learn something new everyday, now I'm going to have to go on and figure out how the hell to do that.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts