Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read on another forum Chip Ellis will be riding a Vance & Hines prepped BUELL sponsored by Kuryakn. This seems a bit wierd to me. George cant buy a p/s VRod. Chip use to ride for George. And V&H's is prepping a BUELL! :confused:
Whats the scoop here? Im pretty dumb, so please lay it out there for me. Or is this all a joke?

·
1,195 Posts
I just read on another forum Chip Ellis will be riding a Vance & Hines prepped BUELL sponsored by Kuryakn. This seems a bit wierd to me. George cant buy a p/s VRod. Chip use to ride for George. And V&H's is prepping a BUELL! :confused:
Whats the scoop here? Im pretty dumb, so please lay it out there for me. Or is this all a joke?
I don't understand why it's dumb. We had a customer that got a Buell and wanted us to do the engine work. Why is that dumb. I think it would have been dumb to turn it down. We are a engine shop, so we work on engines and it doesn't matter what they are.

As for the rider being Chip it only makes sense. That is who he wanted to ride. Anyone could have had the seat and other were spoke to from what I understand. Chip is hands down one of the best riders I have ever know. He can and will get the job done.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Eddie, You must have misunderstood my post. It reads "I'M DUMB" I did not say you, Vance & Hines, Chip Ellis, or anbody else was dumb. Other than myself, obviously.
I can certainly see the reason why V&H would prep the Buell, $$$. My intensions for the post were to determine if the rumor was true and facts I read were correct. Sounds like it is. Thanks for clearing that up sir.:)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's exactly what I read from the AHDRA forum.

Chip Ellis

Veteran Pro Stock Motorcycle racer and crew chief Harry Lartigue will return to the NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series in 2011 with veteran rider Chip Ellis aboard his Lartigue Racing Buell V-Twin. The team has also announced a marketing partnership with chrome and performance accessories giant Kuryakyn.

“The Kuryakyn name has become synonymous with the V-Twin aftermarket, so it is truly a pleasure to be able to bring our brand to the NHRA Drag Racing scene on a V-Twin motorcycle," said company founder and President Tom Rudd.

“I couldn’t be more excited about the program we have put together for 2011,” added Lartigue. “With both our new sponsor Kuryakyn and our longtime technical partner Vance & Hines, I believe we are going to have a very competitive package this season.”

Engine development and support will again be provided by Vance & Hines Motorsports, whose engines have powered Lartigue’s bikes for more than 20 years. Throughout his career, Lartigue has been instrumental in the development of riders, including Michael Phillips, Indy winner Reggie Showers, and Peggy Llewellyn.

Ellis, a six-time national event winner and former NHRA national record holder, has long anticipated an opportunity to return to the NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series circuit on a full-time basis. In the last two seasons, Ellis has competed only at the Mac Tools U.S. Nationals presented by Lucas Oil aboard a Vance & Hines entry. “I’m really looking forward to the start of the season,” said Ellis. “I know the Buell very well and have achieved my best career results on it, so I’m confident we are going to be very competitive.”

The team plans to compete at all 16 Pro Stock Motorcycle events on the NHRA Full Throttle tour beginning with the Tire Kingdom NHRA Gatornationals, March 10-13 in Gainesville.

·
1,195 Posts
Eddie, You must have misunderstood my post. It reads "I'M DUMB" I did not say you, Vance & Hines, Chip Ellis, or anbody else was dumb. Other than myself, obviously.
I can certainly see the reason why V&H would prep the Buell, $$$. My intensions for the post were to determine if the rumor was true and facts I read were correct. Sounds like it is. Thanks for clearing that up sir.:)
Let me clear something up here.

I must be dumb to. LOL

But yes we are working on a engine. It is true.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Eddie, you still haven't ever answered why George can't buy a Vrod. So what's the REAL reason? Are Terry & Byron afraid of someone else showing how much sandbagging is going on with those bikes? Ray.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
We had a customer that got a Buell and wanted us to do the engine work.
Funny, that's not what I heard Eddie. I heard the van showed up in Brownsville with the bike & waiting there were you & Matt Hines with a check from VANCE & HINES for 125K to pay for it! That's what I heard. I guess it COULD be wrong but for some reason, I kind of doubt it! I can see someone trying to make Chip's bike really fast to get weight added to it to screw the Buells & give the advantage back to all the VHR HDs & Suzukis to leverage the Buells out of competetion! I won't be surprised at all if something like that were to happen!!! Ray.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Funny, that's not what I heard Eddie. I heard the van showed up in Brownsville with the bike & waiting there were you & Matt Hines with a check from VANCE & HINES for 125K to pay for it! That's what I heard. I guess it COULD be wrong but for some reason, I kind of doubt it! I can see someone trying to make Chip's bike really fast to get weight added to it to screw the Buells & give the advantage back to all the VHR HDs & Suzukis to leverage the Buells out of competetion! I won't be surprised at all if something like that were to happen!!! Ray.

Getting my popcorn ready.............

·
1,195 Posts

Ray

It is funny how you know it all. I shouldn't even bother to tell you how wrong you are since it is a waste of my time to get involved with all the BS you and the few others start on all the sites.

I drove to go look at it 2 1/2 hours away from me since Harry lives is TX. The guy delivered it to our shop the next day in BROWNSBURG not Brownsville and he got paid.

O and FYI Matt Hines was in FL and no where close to Indiana.

But you knew that since you heard if from one the other forum guy's. If you want facts just call the shop and ask like some of the others do. Enjoy your night.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Sorry, BrownsBURG. You didn't deny the check to pay for it was a V&H check. You also didn't answer why George Bryce can't buy a Vrod! If what I HEARD was wrong, so be it. That is why I STATED it was what I HEARD! So, you have the floor, tell all of us why your competitors can NOT purchase a Vrod? While you are at it, why don't you explain how V&H or HD or whoever, convinced the NHRA to give you guys rules that don't apply to the other vtwins that are basically the same engine configuration? And before any whiney BITCHES get on here saying I am bagging or hating on V&H or the HDs, just know that I am not! I only want to know why the same rules don't apply to ALL the teams! Bryce had to make the Buells available to the public per NHRA but V&H doesn't?!! Gee, what's wrong with THAT picture?!!! Sorry Eddie but you are kind of in the middle here & remember that old saying "If you lay down with dogs, you're gonna get fleas!" Good luck this year also. I hope your teammate doesn't choke again & lose ANOTHER championship that HD has tried to buy! Ray.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Sorry, BrownsBURG. You didn't deny the check to pay for it was a V&H check. You also didn't answer why George Bryce can't buy a Vrod! If what I HEARD was wrong, so be it. That is why I STATED it was what I HEARD! So, you have the floor, tell all of us why your competitors can NOT purchase a Vrod? While you are at it, why don't you explain how V&H or HD or whoever, convinced the NHRA to give you guys rules that don't apply to the other vtwins that are basically the same engine configuration? And before any whiney BITCHES get on here saying I am bagging or hating on V&H or the HDs, just know that I am not! I only want to know why the same rules don't apply to ALL the teams! Bryce had to make the Buells available to the public per NHRA but V&H doesn't?!! Gee, what's wrong with THAT picture?!!! Sorry Eddie but you are kind of in the middle here & remember that old saying "If you lay down with dogs, you're gonna get fleas!" Good luck this year also. I hope your teammate doesn't choke again & lose ANOTHER championship that HD has tried to buy! Ray.
Lartigue, Ellis debut Kuryakyn Buell team for 2011 season
Friday, January 28, 2011
Chip Ellis
Veteran Pro Stock Motorcycle racer and crew chief Harry Lartigue will return to the NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series in 2011 with veteran rider Chip Ellis aboard his Lartigue Racing Buell V-Twin. The team has also announced a marketing partnership with chrome and performance accessories giant Kuryakyn.
“The Kuryakyn name has become synonymous with the V-Twin aftermarket, so it is truly a pleasure to be able to bring our brand to the NHRA Drag Racing scene on a V-Twin motorcycle," said company founder and President Tom Rudd.
“I couldn’t be more excited about the program we have put together for 2011,” added Lartigue. “With both our new sponsor Kuryakyn and our longtime technical partner Vance & Hines, I believe we are going to have a very competitive package this season.”
Engine development and support will again be provided by Vance & Hines Motorsports, whose engines have powered Lartigue’s bikes for more than 20 years. Throughout his career, Lartigue has been instrumental in the development of riders, including Michael Phillips, Indy winner Reggie Showers, and Peggy Llewellyn.
Ellis, a six-time national event winner and former NHRA national record holder, has long anticipated an opportunity to return to the NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series circuit on a full-time basis. In the last two seasons, Ellis has competed only at the Mac Tools U.S. Nationals presented by Lucas Oil aboard a Vance & Hines entry. “I’m really looking forward to the start of the season,” said Ellis. “I know the Buell very well and have achieved my best career results on it, so I’m confident we are going to be very competitive.”
The team plans to compete at all 16 Pro Stock Motorcycle events on the NHRA Full Throttle tour beginning with the Tire Kingdom NHRA Gatornationals, March 10-13 in Gainesville.

I am not sure why people continue to attack the Eddie? Here is the facts, Harry bought a bike and Chip is going to ride it. Harry does not live close enough so Eddie went and looked at it. Vance & Hines took delivery of the bike, because they are the ones doing the motor for the bike. <<< This kind of stuff happens all the time with many customers and shops. I don't think it has to do with anything other than them making a customer happy. Just like they did for LE last year, so then are you suggesting that V&H gave LE the power last year so that the NHRA would put another restriction or penalty on the Suzuki's?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Eddie, you still haven't ever answered why George can't buy a Vrod. So what's the REAL reason? Are Terry & Byron afraid of someone else showing how much sandbagging is going on with those bikes? Ray.

Seems none of these guys have the balls to answer this question. YEAH, IM CALLING ALL OF THE V&H TEAM OUT! THE M/C DRAG RACING PUBLIC ARE SICK OF THIS POLITICAL BULLSHIT! MAN UP!

·
Registered
109 Posts
I can see someone trying to make Chip's bike really fast to get weight added to it to screw the Buells & give the advantage back to all the VHR HDs & Suzukis to leverage the Buells out of competetion! I won't be surprised at all if something like that were to happen!!! Ray.
IF and that's a mighty big IF, that were to happen and the V&H Buell is suddenly quicker than the competition (Matt Smith, Arana), wouldn't it suggest that they have more talent than the rest of the field (most of whom have raced a Buell for years)? So in theory, that would support Eddie's argument that the only reason that the V-Rods are quick is because of talent, not rules?

For all the bitching and crying that goes on, I'd like for someone to explain exactly what's wrong with the PSB class. There were five or six different winners last year (and two others, Arana and Stoffer, who probably should have won races) and a kid with no budget, little expierence and a whole lot of talent won the championship.

I also believe that a Suz, Buell, and HD each held the record at some point last year.

·
2 wheels,no cage,250mph
6,995 Posts
IF and that's a mighty big IF, that were to happen and the V&H Buell is suddenly quicker than the competition (Matt Smith, Arana), wouldn't it suggest that they have more talent than the rest of the field (most of whom have raced a Buell for years)? So in theory, that would support Eddie's argument that the only reason that the V-Rods are quick is because of talent, not rules?

For all the bitching and crying that goes on, I'd like for someone to explain exactly what's wrong with the PSB class. There were five or six different winners last year (and two others, Arana and Stoffer, who probably should have won races) and a kid with no budget, little expierence and a whole lot of talent won the championship.

I also believe that a Suz, Buell, and HD each held the record at some point last year.
Go and re read Suzukirays unanswered question.That will answer your question about what is wrong with PSB.It's also the ONLY question unanswered by Eddie.

·
1,195 Posts
Go and re read Suzukirays unanswered question.That will answer your question about what is wrong with PSB.It's also the ONLY question unanswered by Eddie.
Where in the rule book does it state stuff has to be sold. Please find it for me.

Like I said I'm not going to get into a pissing match on the internet.

·
2 wheels,no cage,250mph
6,995 Posts
Where in the rule book does it state stuff has to be sold. Please find it for me.

Like I said I'm not going to get into a pissing match on the internet.

we all know it's not in the rule book Eddie.So if it is not in the rule book ,why did S&S have to make the bikes they raced available to the public ,yet V&H did not?
And don't reply with "ask NHRA" as we both know that goes nowhere.
Eddie,you are a paid employee who does an exceptional job so i am not implying anything negative towards you.I measure my achievements by the level of the competition I beat.Unfortunately when you have rules that allow you such an advantage over the competition,the success will always be tainted.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts