Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not that deep into nitrous systems that I have a great knowledge of all the parts and pieces out there, but I'm a pretty fair electrician and occasionally install complete systems for people. So recently, a customer wanted me to install a NANO assist on his NX plate system, and he told me the Lightning valves on his existing bottles had a push port on them. But it didn't look like it to me, and a little digging revealed that at some point in time they had changed the design of the valve for some reason or another, and the newer valves have both ports open to the siphon tube, so no push port.

So who makes valves that do have a push port, or conversely, makes valves that are the easiest to modify, preferably with lots of meat around potential port locations? Searching didn't show anything, but if someone has a link to something I missed, I'd be glad to see it.
Mark

·
Registered
853 Posts
The NOS "super" Hi-flo had a push port (1/4 inch pipe), but they discontinued them a while back, don't know why? they were really good for what you are trying to do. Maybe you could find a used one. We have an adaptor, spacer ring with an extra large port that accomplishes this task. Mike Thermos at Nitrous Supply

·
Registered
853 Posts
The powervalve 500 does not have a push port. what is your e-mail and I can send you a picture of the spacer. mike Thermos at Nitrous Supply

·
Registered
49 Posts
At one point the Lightning valve did have a push port on them. The ones that have them are clearly marked on the side of the valve and will have a 1/8" port with a plug in it it that will need to be removed to use the push port. The new version does not have them due to the larger 5/8" Siphon tubes used now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts