Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my push rods hit my head near the intake flange on the head ever so slightly also my jessel shaft rockers are eating my valve tips if i put lash caps on the valves id assume im going to need longer push rods? also will putting longer push rods in help or hurt my push rod problem I only have one shim under the stands presently it is a sbc with dart race series 220 heads i use an offset lifter on the intake side any help would be appreciated......................its only the exaust valve thats doing this the intake valves have a steel insert in them they are titanium valves.....................................Glenn

·
Super Moderator
34,737 Posts
You need to grind the heads so the pushrod clears for starters.

You should be shimming the stands to achieve proper geometry, not band aiding a pushrod issue.

If you are eating valve tips you likely have a geometry issue, coupled with the pushrod issue.

·
Super Moderator
34,737 Posts
so a steel roller tip wouldnt normaly eat an titanium valve? Thanks for youre help I do not want to crutch anything just want to fix it right thanks again

It'll eat the valve if it does not have a hardened tip..... it's a 50/50 chance on the hardened tip if you do not know....

If it does not, you will need lash caps. If so, the lash caps are not needed.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im pretty sure thats the problem the tip seems to be riding on the valve centered on the tip slightly off to the side through the whole cycle the interference with the pushrod is ever so slightly I really hate notching my valve cover gaskets ..............................

·
Registered
20,822 Posts
Grind the the head to clear and then some, the push rod will flex more than you think if you have to add a lash cap you will have to refigure the geometry again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts