Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides camshaft lifts, what are other aspects that I should be taking into consideration when looking into buying a set? Thanks

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Go with the exact valve springs that are recommended by your camshaft manufacturer/designer. There is no advantage whatsoever in using springs that do not match these recommendations.

·
Long Live The King
97,207 Posts
^
Are you absolutely sure about that ?

·
Long Live The King
97,207 Posts
Besides camshaft lifts, what are other aspects that I should be taking into consideration when looking into buying a set? Thanks
How often you want to change them? (How long do you expect them to perform)

PSI or Isky Super Clean Silicone alloy springs. If you run an aggressive cam with moderate to high spring pressures those springs might last you 4X longer (or better) than standard springs. They are well worth the money.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
never had any problems however max lift on that spring says .700 I am going to look to see how they were installed.

·
Long Live The King
97,207 Posts
never had any problems however max lift on that spring says .700 I am going to look to see how they were installed.
Check with PSI for a recommendation on their Super Clean Silicone springs.
With a better spring also comes the benefits of running less lbs to control the valve. Springs live longer.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
LOL x 2!

·
Banned
322 Posts
Regardless of the name on the box, your valve springs are made either by Associated or Peterson and the same valve springs are called different names by different companies for marketing.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts