Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i am about to swap some springs ,i have dart 355cnc and they only have a dual spring and i am finding it impossible to find a quality dual.The camshaft has 795 in,746 ex, duration at 50 324 int and 338 exhaust.The lobe seperation on intake is 116.1 and centerline are 114.1 intake and 118.1 exhaust.the rockers are 1.7 jessel sportsman.The engine is a 598 with a fogger.My initial preference is isky tool rooms or comp cams .I am also keen on what spring pressure you guys suggest.Thanks in advance .:cool:

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
Do you have the cam card? Most give recommendations on seat and lift pressure as well as installed height,and I would stick with that. With a big cam like you have valve springs are not the place to cut corners, buy something good, no e-bay specials ;). I run Isky Tool room spring on our BBC,, nice pieces.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Do you know what your installed hight is?
What diameter of valve spring are you running?
This will dictate how much spring your going to be able to handle.
With the cam your describing your installed height will probably be in the 2.0-2.1"
May be hard to find a dual spring that will deliver the 280# or higher seat pressure you need and still not coil bind at full lift.
You may be buying new retainers that will work for a triple spring. Comp Cams Pacalloy springs are very good as well as the Isky Tool room and many others.
Are you sure about your duration figures at .050". Those numbers are very large. I would bet those are your advertised duration numbers.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry no i dont have the original cam card however i have had cam doctor done.it is possible that i have read the duration as the advertised.the installed height is 2.0 and i have already acustomed myself to buying new retainers which suck-however.Any suggestion on locks and retainers,the valves are farrea comp for the intake and super alloy exhaust.this is going in a 3000lb pro street car that will see a small amount of street use.Isky tool room were my first thought however there is another post somewhere saying they are old technoligy.:cool:

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts
PAC or PSI both are great springs!

·
Registered
269 Posts
I just used a set of the electro polished Howard's valve springs. They look nice. But after 12 dyno pulls and 6 months of setting checked them and they dropped 40 psi on the seat pressure . now I'm only going to use PAC or Isky tool room springs

·
Registered
49,832 Posts
the dr1224 is a good spring but I would call PAC and talk with Doug and see what he thinks. Sharp guys over there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.