Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Also don't forget Joe Hornick for smaller diameter springs.... Custom Pac springs....

I've got those and have recommended them a few times on sales... haven't heard Any complaints.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
My own 1238x springs:
For Cam spec's of 260/272 @ .050 with .730 lift using a 1.8 rocker so a .405 lobe...meant for around 7500 rpm. I'd just call the cam seller and ask what open spring pressure is needed.. Done.
Btw
Comp lobe# ls1 4209r/4208r

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
I use a 947 comp ,with a cup , or something close to that spec, a 947 is a bit large on the od for a sb head, would have to cut pocket for cup

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Yes. But they sure do like them alot. More than twice the price of the alternatives.
Anybody use them?
I am using them, only a few hundred street miles so far but lots of dyno time and they are doing well. They are more expensive but they are a better product, so there is that. Less mass where it counts and way less pressure on the seat with no sacrifice in valve control.

·
Registered
6,200 Posts
Comp stats say they are good up to 0.875" lift installed at a 2.05" installed height. I was browsing for an alternative, lighter weight spring. 2.00" installed height. Fairly fast, shorter duration cam with only 0.710" lift. Will this spring still work that far away from coil bind? Around 7800 rpm. Thanks

·
Registered
54,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I am using them, only a few hundred street miles so far but lots of dyno time and they are doing well. They are more expensive but they are a better product, so there is that. Less mass where it counts and way less pressure on the seat with no sacrifice in valve control.
With my installed height of 1.900 limitation, the spring seat pressure is over 200 pounds.

·
Registered
54,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
After talking with PAC, I decided on their 1343. Its a spring they produce for solid roller cams with short install heights. 550 rate, 1.060 C/B, 1.550 dual. They suggested setting it up a touch softer on the seat than 240# at 1.900, so I will adjust it a bit taller. The valves are pretty light, as is the rest of the valvetrain (SBF 8.2 deck height means short pushrods, etc etc). Its not a cheap spring but I think it will do the job.

Thanks to everyone who helped.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Unless something has changed recently, JHE springs are made by PSI not PAC.
Your correct...my mistake. PAC springs on the brain. Joe was the only guy who had 1.3 diameter springs for 830'ish lift and my other project.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts