Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm putting together my sb2's and need I.d. locators. The guides outside diameter measure about .5015". My springs are psi dr426r's and are 1.500" outside diameter and have an inner spring diameter of .765". I was hoping to find locators that fit tighter on the guide but only see ones that have an inside diameter of .565" and .570". There are some ls locators available but they only have a 1.300" outside diameter, which won't work with my springs. Will the locators with the .565" or .570" be okay? I need to use a .060" thick locator and a .030" shim. Also, how close to the .765" inside diameter of the spring should the locator be? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
They make a .525" ID Locators. What is the OD of the spring pocket? 1.550-1.600"?
Standard is .570"ID / 1.550"OD For most SBC set-ups.
Manley
DelWest
Both have a bunch, I don't have the parts book in front of me....But thats where I would start. CV Products sell's both brands I believe and would get what you need.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The spring pocket is 1.600". I checked Manley's website and don't see any locators that have a .525" inside diameter. All I've been able to find are ones with .565" and up inside diamters from all the places I've checked. Maybe their catalog offers more options than there site does? Any options on part numbers would be a big help.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I do believe that 3316-16ss would work for your app. and locate the id of the spring and the od of the seat would be located by the spring pocket. 3311-16ss has a locatior of .501 but wouldn't do much for locating the spring.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I did. I called them also today and asked the same question to one of the guys in the tech department. The guy said I CAN run the I.D. locator that has an inside diameter of .565" and an outside diameter of 1.500" and not have any problems. However, he didn't seem to confident in the way he answered which made me hold off on buying anything.

Did you check CV products?

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Yes I did. I called them also today and asked the same question to one of the guys in the tech department. The guy said I CAN run the I.D. locator that has an inside diameter of .565" and an outside diameter of 1.500" and not have any problems. However, he didn't seem to confident in the way he answered which made me hold off on buying anything.
I got a set for my heads off ebay acouple weeks ago. When I get home ill measure the guide and locators and see if i can get a part number or something to help you out. I know mine fit nice and tight around the guide. Think I have .005 clearence.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, I appreciate it.

I got a set for my heads off ebay acouple weeks ago. When I get home ill measure the guide and locators and see if i can get a part number or something to help you out. I know mine fit nice and tight around the guide. Think I have .005 clearence.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I had an odd ball lock/retainer combo(nascar valves and comp 948's) , they helped me out a ton and gave me a discount on titanium..good people

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Thanks, I appreciate it.
No help here. My locators are .565 id and my guides are .560. The OD is 1.600. If your spring pocket is 1.600 you could use a locator with that OD and just have it locate off the pocket rather then the guide

1 - 13 of 13 Posts