Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im building a 438 sbf with 2 stages of gas, and i am putting a set of yates c3 heads on it. the heads have 2.19 intake and 1.71 exhaust. is this a good size for this combo?

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
Im building a 438 sbf with 2 stages of gas, and i am putting a set of yates c3 heads on it. the heads have 2.19 intake and 1.71 exhaust. is this a good size for this combo?
Valve size sounds wrong on both the intake and exhaust. The intake is too small, the exhaust is too big..........atleast from my experience. Usually the exhaust is 1.600 or 1.625 on those heads.

·
Registered
516 Posts
the c3 heads usually had a 2.10 intake and a 1.600-1.625 exhaust. I don't think you can fit anything that big in there without clipping each other.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for help. i bought them from a local guy here he said thats the size valves he put in there himself but i havent had it checked

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the c3 heads usually had a 2.10 intake and a 1.600-1.625 exhaust. I don't think you can fit anything that big in there without clipping each other.
well when i bought them i thought that sounded really big for a small block, but he said he puts that size in all his yates style heads

·
Registered
605 Posts
What a coincidence......2.19 intake and 1.71 is the exact size of 1970 Boss 302 heads......

yates heads?????? I wonder what you bought.....................

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok i just got back from taking the heads to a local engine shop and he said they are definitely yates c3's and the valves are 2.19/1.71

1 - 8 of 8 Posts