Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i set it and put the stud girdles on it changes

Am i to set it with the girdle on or what????

Hot or cold??? What is considered hot and how do you keep it from cooling til you get them all done

Thx for the info

·
Billy438Stroker
5,634 Posts
It shouldnt be changing ' unless your running a cheap brand pollyLock..I have seen bent studs and when you tq the girdle down ' it throws them back off..

·
Registered
14,969 Posts
You have a 'U' bolt type girdle? You just have to get used to them, i tried everything to compensate, even went so far as to write on the rocker how much more or less i had to make the lash so that when the girdle tightened i'd have the right lash - only to discover that they would change each time.
If you have the more modern type where the polylock is captive between two bars of machined aluminum then i'd be questionung the machining, ie if it is machined wrong then all the adjustors would likely be off the same amount etc.
You do have 7/16" studs, right?

·
Registered
637 Posts
I had the same problem with my stud girdle. It was the locknuts, in fact you could see they were made off center by the way they screwed onto the stud

·
Registered
19,969 Posts
They are a pain in the ass...just something you have to get used to

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have all the good stuff from brodix
they are 11x heads and brodix stud girdles
not the u bolt style.

Let me know and thx a lot for all your input

·
Registered
14,969 Posts
All good stuff for sure. As another said 'you'll just have to live with it' when you get shaft rockers nuisance will go away.

·
Registered
14,969 Posts
Just an afterthought, have a looksee at the bottom of the rocker stud (the wrenching part) where it'll mate to the surface of the head. I expect it will have a sligt radius to it and make sure there is room in the head for it, those heads have helicoils in them and if an odd one is sitting a tad high then it might deflect the stud a thou or so, when you get up high enough for the polylock it might make a big difference, know what i mean? Let us know what you find, good luck oj

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,092 Posts
I have all the good stuff from brodix
they are 11x heads and brodix stud girdles
not the u bolt style.

Let me know and thx a lot for all your input
I had those same 11X heads but my stud girdle was from Comp Cams and I never had that problem.

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
if your running high spring pressures its bending the rocker stud! thats why you need the girdle to straighten it back up! and keep them from flexing!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts