Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 555 bbc and using a gz motor sports vacuum pump. i drove it for the first time hooked up and noticed oil was spewing from the puke tank breather, enough to leave a puddle. talked to the owner and we figured that the oil feed line from the bottom of the tank back to the pump for lubing the pump was the culprit. so i blocked that off and just started it back up with a new carb and noticed some oil around the breather again, can't drive it yet. is the stud girdle is enough for a baffle or should one be added to the valve cover? it is on top of the cover also. if needed what is a good set up?i have cast aluminum covers. thanks, paul c.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I had the same problem. I split it and went to both valve covers and used a baffle on both. Problem fixed

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I think on that size of an engine I would want to pull from each valve cover. Also you could try Moroso's Baffled fitting for the valve cover. I had great luck with there pump on a SBC ran one for years and tons of passes with no problems.

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
A baffle is needed plus you might have a vac leak in the crank case giving it a leak path

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the replies. i do pull from each cover but no baffles. what should i use, just a piece of aluminum bent and welded to the cover and leave about a 1/2" of space? thanks

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i sealed up the dipstick tube at the oilpan with some o rings to see if it was the vac leak causing a path but that alone didn't cure it. i will try some baffles this week. going to have u shaped pieces of aluminum welded in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts