Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a SBF 427 ProCharged F3R Blow-Thru. Is it a must to run a vacuum pump or is there an alternative. My brand new Moroso 22642 pump seized on the third pass........

·
Registered
388 Posts
i run a moroso pump on my roots motor, and pull plenty of vac

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did a lil more research on the setup and found out that there is not a vac pump that will keep up with that much boost on my setup. It was suggested that I run a large puke tank plumbed to the valve covers....... I appreciate everyone's help, Thanx............

·
Registered
388 Posts
how much boost are you running?

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
I have a SBF 427 ProCharged F3R Blow-Thru. Is it a must to run a vacuum pump or is there an alternative. My brand new Moroso 22642 pump seized on the third pass........
Vacuum pumps certainly work on blown applications. The problem is, if or when you burn a piston the pump will not handle the immediate crank case pressure and it will push oil out of the seals and gaskets.....like lot's. This certainly makes a mess. But the real problem is, in my case at over 200 mph oil under the tires is dangerous to say the least.
I run a catch can for safety over any gains from vacuum pump.

Now some of the ProMods run them, but they install a very high dollar system that uses check valves to by-pass the pump in case of piston failure.

Hope that helps...........................Blessings..............Ron.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm pushing 38lbs for testing and I was told to mount the tank in the rear of the car, Thanx............

·
Registered
388 Posts
Cool, I have a Big moroso pump and instead of the check valves I built a tank and placed it in my belley pan and pull vac thru it..... but no where near his boost... thanks for the info

1 - 11 of 11 Posts