Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sbf 428 on alcohol. should I pull from both valve covers or just one?
I have Ford racing covers one hole on top one front one back both with baffles. I also have the regulator but read to put it inline before the pump.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
If your motor is tight with no leaks one head is fine. If you have leaks from blow by or vacuum leak it will pull a large volume of air and oil with it. Then a band-aid fix is to pull from both heads but it does not resolve the issue.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
My engine pulls oil, and I have been through everything with it. Not alot, but enough to piss me off. Anyways I tried putting a fitting on each VC it still pulls oil, and I noticed no difference in the amount. So from my experience I see no benefit to pulling from both VC

·
Registered
800 Posts
Pull from the baffled hole in the front of your valve cover. Plug the one in back. Regulators work in your valve cover, but theoetically work better in the pump because of decreased airflow through the motor. If you have a fairly weak pump, you are trying for lots of vacuum, or your drive ratio is correct, the valve will seldom open and will be fine in your valve cover.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts