Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,234 Posts
hard to say, depends on if it still pulls the vacuum it always had or has it dropped much?

Moroso sells rebuild kits for them.

·
Registered
10,234 Posts
Reduction in vacuum or passing to much oil in a 'wet' system are my indicators.
reduction in vacuum can either be pump vanes worn, or ring seal in the engine, IE pinched or broken ring causing excessive blow-by. this excessive blow-by will also cause more oil to go thru vacuum pump & into catch can.

·
Registered
11,168 Posts
reduction in vacuum can either be pump vanes worn, or ring seal in the engine, IE pinched or broken ring causing excessive blow-by. this excessive blow-by will also cause more oil to go thru vacuum pump & into catch can.
Very true, but he was speaking of vacuum pumps, so I kept on topic. :)

·
Registered
10,234 Posts
Very true, but he was speaking of vacuum pumps, so I kept on topic. :)
understood that. but wanted him to be aware of what also could be the problem.

A worn pump might not pull as much vacuum as before, but it being worn, wont cause it to pull more oil incase it is.

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
understood that. but wanted him to be aware of what also could be the problem.

A worn pump might not pull as much vacuum as before, but it being worn, wont cause it to pull more oil incase it is.

Ditto is its worn it wont pull oil, a leak path or base engine problems pass more oil "than it did"

·
Registered
10,234 Posts
can u get a new shaft for a moroso? got a friend that wrecked and some how it bent the shaft in the pump
which pump? I'll check Monday.

·
Registered
10,234 Posts
4-vane moroso part 710-22641 at jegs. Thanks Sam
just starting to look so any info good or bad is appreciated
they make rebuild kits, but sure I can prob get the shaft, even if its not in the catalog.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts