Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just searched all "vacuum pump" posts for the last year and learned a little but not all i need. my street driven 408 ford has a gz pro pump driven at 60% and the relief valve allows for about 8" of vacuum on its loosest setting. the pump shows no vacuum at idle but with the relief valve i can turn it up to make alot. the gz setup uses 10an hoses. i suck out of the driver's side vc and it is baffled well. my relief is in the passenger vc. my puke tank is lower than my pump. the pump will fill the puke tank with oil after about 40 miles of street driving. i believe that i may have a vacuum leak in the motor. what is the best way to find/look for this? i had a header evac setup but noticed a small rear main leak and got the vac pump to help this, which it seems to have fixed. thanks john

·
Registered
708 Posts
The best way to check for a vacum leak is to disconnect your hose that goes to the Valve Cover and Lightly Very lightly blow a little air in with your air line, then listen to see if you hear it coming out anywhere.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts