Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just put a 632 in my Chev Luv truck and the snout/Pulley for the Vacum Pump is sticking out too far forward preventing me from putting my radiator in. Moving the motor back is not an option and a radiator small enough to go above it would be non existent. I am looking for pictures or advise from those that have already had this issue. I am going to have to be pretty creative with it but wanted to see what someone else has done. I can shorten the snout and get the pulley to clear with no problem but I dont know what to do with my Vacum Pump, it is 6 3/4" from back to front. Someone suggested an electric pump but that just dont sound like a very good idea.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can you mount it off of the front of the cylinder head?

No, the radiator is a big one, I got it mounted under the head behind the motor plate, I think this will work.

I have another issue though, my original engine had a single dominator and the hood cleared it just fine but now I have twin dominators and the hood wont clear so I put an aero scoop on top of a 9" cowl and dont know what to do about the rear opening on the cowl. If I leave it open will the air from the scoop run past the carbs and create a vacum and suck gas from the carbs?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.