Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just put a 632 in my Chev Luv truck and the snout/Pulley for the Vacum Pump is sticking out too far forward preventing me from putting my radiator in. Moving the motor back is not an option and a radiator small enough to go above it would be non existent. I am looking for pictures or advise from those that have already had this issue. I am going to have to be pretty creative with it but wanted to see what someone else has done. I can shorten the snout and get the pulley to clear with no problem but I dont know what to do with my Vacum Pump, it is 6 3/4" from back to front. Someone suggested an electric pump but that just dont sound like a very good idea.

·
Super Moderator
9,251 Posts
Yes I do, I am contemplating using long bolts with chromoly inserts to space it to the rear with about 4 inches of the pump behind the front motor plate. Not sure if that will work yet though.
Can you mount it off of the front of the cylinder head?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can you mount it off of the front of the cylinder head?

No, the radiator is a big one, I got it mounted under the head behind the motor plate, I think this will work.

I have another issue though, my original engine had a single dominator and the hood cleared it just fine but now I have twin dominators and the hood wont clear so I put an aero scoop on top of a 9" cowl and dont know what to do about the rear opening on the cowl. If I leave it open will the air from the scoop run past the carbs and create a vacum and suck gas from the carbs?

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,959 Posts
Never saw that before but yeah, I would block-off the cowl so any air coming through the top scoop has nowhere to go except for in the engine.

I don't see anything wrong with spacing the pump behind the motor plate somewhat, they have gilmer belts on them that don't require much tension and the way the belt sits down inside the pulleys it shouldn't fly off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts