Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any body ever listened to their vaccum pump when shutting down engine ??....theres a little jingle/jingle..for lack of better description at the exact moment engine quits turning...like a little slapping going on in the pump or something..its new 3-vane moroso .. the only dumb question is the one not asked.. right ?? thanks for input

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Mine makes a weezing sound as the vacuum bleeds off thru the pump. No rattle or jingle. RM

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
all these noise descriptions sound like half the customers that come in my shop... man it sounds like engine run-on after killing motor...only on a small scale & from the vaccum pump?? thanks for reply

·
Registered
435 Posts
If the pump is real dry inside you can hear the blades clicking a little and if it is oily you will not but you can hear the vacuum bleeding off if you have a tightly sealed engine.

doug...

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If the pump is real dry inside you can hear the blades clicking a little and if it is oily you will not but you can hear the vacuum bleeding off if you have a tightly sealed engine.

doug...
Im going to try pooring a little oil down the intake of pump.. the instructions called for a tablespoon of oil/so thats what I did...I guess another shot of oil is in order. that blade clicking sound is what Im hearing , my intake fitting is at 12 o'clck / my exhst fitting is at 9 o'clck ,does this sound o.k?? also my hose going to breather tank is uphill, as my pump is mounted doen low on pass.side of engine, is uphill o.k.? another words my tank is 6"-10" above my vac.pump, is that o.k? thnks for input

1 - 6 of 6 Posts